If I was a U.S. Senator, these are some of the reasons why I would lean toward voting for Sotomayor.
1. She has the most experience of any sitting Supreme Court Justice.
2. She has decided cases for labor and for business in almost equal amounts which says she reads and follows the law.
3. She is honest about how her experience as latina might influence her decision making. Justice Alito and Scalia said the same only it was for European immigrants.
4.She has the right to freely associate with clubs and associations that are specifically latino/latina orientated. see Scalia and Thomas and Federalist Society and States rights.
5. I believe she followed the law that was established by the Supreme Court the in Ricci case. Did you know the Ricci was originally hired because he claimed discrimination?
6. She is extremely bright
7. She is a great American story.
8. This was a shrewd move by Obama.