Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Origins of Samuel Sterling of Minden

My father Henry Lee Sterling, was born in Minden LA in November 1909. My father's siblings were Connie, Sammy, Benjamin, Gertrude, and another sibling who passed in childbirth giving birth to my cousin Richmond, who lives presently in Minden. He married Edna Newsom Sterling from Shreveport Louisiana after he served in WWII. They had seven children Linda, Deborah, Janet, Connie, Henry Jr, Marian, and Henrietta. Mother, father, and sister Deborah, has past. I was searching for my father's history, possibly some pictures of his father and mother, and came across Samuel Sterling, and my father is the splitting image of Samuel Sterling. My cousin Rosie, who is the daughter of Mary Sterling, has confirmed he is my great grandfather, and his son Henry Sterling, was my dad's father. I am so amazed because I now reside in Mableton, Georgia, and have visited Savannah on four occasions. My son is homeschooled and his class visited the Tybee Island Lighthouse and Atlantic slave trade where the slaves were housed upon arrival. The world in it vastness can become so small. Sadly, I have been in Georgia since 1993 and did not realize part of my history began here, with a wealth of possible family members I have never met. Please email me when you receive this message. I look forward to meeting you.

Messages In This Thread

Origins of Samuel Sterling of Minden

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy