Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Legacy.com

Just in case there is anyone who may not know about this site, I was just told about it and found it enormously beneficial.
There r funeral homes that have a online svc where u can sign the guestbook of the deceased and sometimes there is a picture. In my case that was a plus--a picture. I received a email from a descendant of my last surname of research by way of ancestry.com--a code they have I was told for cx memberships. This cousin found my family limited tree. They gave me a full name, and a just newly happened death date. There was a wonderful bio for 'my blood related cousin' who I only knew by a name of the census. She was born 1909 SC and died 11 Oct 2013 Ga. In my notes all the information I had found about her was accurate, but it gave me extra info I never would have known. The limitation to Legacy.com is the date of death. Very early years won't probably be there.This is internet svc --it seems that is provided to the families by the funeral homes. I have been playing around with it and just putting in surnames of my family. I suggest ask for within the last 30 days of a estimated day of death. It will ask for states. I haven't had much luck or thankfully no one has past on. But this is a new way to do research. I also found, since I have signed the online guestbook, anytime anyone else does, I get a email notifying me and I am able to see what they said and their name. Saw a granddaughter sign on. They also get the same info. This stays online for 1 year. 8) I left a message explaining briefly who I was to any family who read it--like a sympathy card.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy