Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Research Oppurtunity in Ohio

Cynthia,

I contacted folks with the AA Genealogy Special Interest Group of the Franklin Co., Ohio Gen Soc (Columbus).They are 'thrilled' with the idea of helping your group have a successful research trip while in Columbus. I will send a couple of email contacts to you.

For starters ... the group meets in the evening, the last Wed. of every month, at the Columbus Metro Library. They also mentioned the Ohio Historical Society in Columbus as well as a senior group of researchers who study AA's involved in the UGRR in Ohio.

This sounds like such an exciting networking venture I may even drive over from Springfield, OH (about 40 miles) to meet your group. ;)

Take Care,

Art

Cynthia wrote:

Oh yes Art--would you please. I thought this would be something of a adventure to do. Many times we have places structured to go and do not know what may be of interest to a person of genealogical research. There are always little hidden tidbits. And sometimes we want to just wonder off to a library and dig into their archives and see what they have to offer. You just never know. Then again I want to buy black.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy