Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Old Pictures to Share

You know I have been enjoying looking at old pictures of one of the Forum managers that he has been posting and sharing with family and friends. They are just wonderful. Way back when--the hair do's the guys wore, the 70's out fits men and women wore and just hanging out pictures. So I decided to go through the box of old pictures I have safely stored from my grandfathers collection. These pictures r really fragile. It wouldn't do to send the originals to family members. They would store them in acid eating albums or worse. I am presently scanning a group of them to a cousin who's mother died too soon of cancer. I want him to have some pictures of when his mama was a little girl and pictures of his granpa. There is also a Uncle -brother of his father, whom he never met. I do so, in hopes that he will have copies of what I have. Maybe Maybe --when he share these photo's with other family folks, they will open up their albums and start sharing with the rest of us before it is too late and the names die. I am trying y'all to do what I can, to get cooperation. Everyone will have to find their own way to pay to print them out. But there r just some things I WILL NOT bend on. They know. Maybe some of u may think about doing the same for your next family get together. Take those pictures. Many people don't use or even have a scanner.There is a hand held one called the wand, that is portable. You can just pass it over pictures, on site, not take them out of anyones site. Then download them to your computer. It's worth the cost of the purchase. I know Brookstone Stores and Amazon.com carry it. :O

Messages In This Thread

Old Pictures to Share
Re: Old Pictures to Share-added Tip

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy