Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Check your emails on other postings

Hi Deloris..I thank you so much for this behind the scenes look. It explains much but still it is difficult to move fwd when you email a person and there is no response but they are looking for answers to build their trees. A simple THANK U is respectful on any site. I am not critizing ancestry.com, but too many people buy into the membership, post all kinds of information, then according to the site don't check back for month's maybe years. We can't expect responses immediately after postings, but sometime in the 30 day period. But that's what folks do. I learned not to expect too much. I also check the envelope icon and leaf without having a notification. Sometimes I find unnotified info there also. I go to the family tree and check and see leafs on my surnames and there was no hint posted to look. I really don't care for some of the new stuff ancestry post for search. Gets very confusing. I just start saving to favorites when I find something instead of trying to navigate back. We must all keep our email addresses up to date. I have cousins who have found my postings here on Afrigeneas, more than a year after I put it here. What helped is I put the full names in the subject line. They google it and it comes back to Afrigeneas. Maybe other sites should do this. With the Facebook, out there many do not even try to find sites on the world wide web. A pity.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy