AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum
Re: Discussion Forum on African American Genealogy
In Response To: Re: Discussion Forum on African American Genealogy ()
Share info with eabout your own genealogy group.
Tim Pinnick is hosting the Roundtable at the Samford Institute today at 12:15 EST - 1:45 EST
His questions pertain to Afr. American genealogy societies. Please share a sentence or two about your own local group. (A chance to brag about your local group and to let the audience know that you are out there.) You might belong to a small local group that is doing fascinating things. Tell us about yourself.
Your responses will be shared with the group in attendance. (Tell us who you are and where your group is located--city/state.
I will be posting comments from the actual meeting and sharing remarks on Facebook and photos on Twitter today.
Send your comments to email@example.com
* * * * *
What do you feel is the greatest benefit of belonging to a genealogical society?
1) Are you a member of an African American genealogy society or interest group?
2) Where did you learn about the Roundtable Group taking place?
3) Do you participate in your local society beyond the regular meetings?
4) Is there a society within a 20 minute drive from your home?
5) Have you ever researched at a campus archives at an historically black college or university
* * * * *
Messages In This Thread