Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Unrepsonsive Relatives
In Response To: Re: Unrepsonsive Relatives ()

I'm ashamed to admit but I did the same thing as your cousin. I wanted to surprise the family by having some old photos restored. They wound up in storage when I had to move out of our home after it was foreclosed on. The very day I had a U-Haul truck to take my things out of storage, pay the bill, etc., they informed me that my lock had been cut already and the auction was on. The storage company had sent the notices to my old address (they said). I was totally, totally devastated. How could I ever tell my family?

Luckily, copies of some were donated by unknown persons to be included in a book commemorating the 50-year anniversary of the church my grandparents had belonged to: Solid Rock Baptist Church in Oakland, CA. Another is hanging on my mother's wall! I remembered how large our family is and was a little relieved to realize that somebody else has copies of some of the lost photos. Why, someone out there might even have the photos of me as a toddler being held by my mother after church one Sunday in 1952! Hope, hope.

Try checking with OTHER people you think might have copies of some of your lost photos. See if their church has some old pictures of dinners or weddings or services that they might have been in. Good luck!

Georgia Walker-Adams

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy