Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Donating Your School Memories

Call your Public Schools Archives in the State where the graduate resided. There are certain items and criteria that I'm sure you must go by. In my case, they will not copy the pages from the year book. You can copy the pages yourself and donate it. There are other items that may be of use so call 1st. We have to remember, when you do research and find a record, copy of bible information, books etc., someone has donated it. Someone has decided to share their memories. We as black people need to do the same so other's can enjoy. I have left a family chart and 1 or 2 pictures in the county of my home of record. We must be careful what information you leave for public viewing. Information about the living should not be put out there. In your donations put contact information in it so they can refer back to you. Also State historical societies may be a good place. Genealogy libraries is another. That's how the Latter Day Saints were able to build such a large research facility. Donations. Our people lived, worked and died to help us to get where we are today. It's a good way to honour them. Wouldn't you feel really pleased to walk into a exhibit and see an item you are a relative donated?

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy