Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

The value of having a personal website

Hi folks,

Thanks to Afrigeneas several years ago I decided to put up my own family genealogy website, even though I was clueless about constructing one and I can honestly say it has been worth every penny spent on server space.

Even though I post here frequently, and am a member of quite a few mailing lists - at least 3 or 4 times a year I get an email from someone who says "I think I may be your cousin" because they have stumbled across my website.

It happened again this week and as a result have a few more puzzle pieces about my family, will be adding quite a few more names to the tree and am loooking forward to receiving family photos from this newfound cousin, who is giving me permission to upload them.

Once I got the hang of it I found it was quite easy to do (I don't speak html language) using web page software, and since I have plenty of server space I can put up as many photos as I want.

I've got links to my pages on several GenWeb county sites too which has increased the number of hits I get.

Would like to hear other folks experiences with having personal pages.

If you build it - they will come ;)

Denise

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy