Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Does Anyone Else Do This?
In Response To: Re: Does Anyone Else Do This? ()

Hey Ed, Toot and Nicka,
Yeah Ed....it's funny how when they won't give info, they are "interested" in seeing what all you've amassed!

Toot, I do the same thing! I've looked at the census' for so long now that I remember names I've seen especially living in the vicinity of mine, and end up doing extra look ups! LOL! I don't mind though cause if they're showing interest, maybe it'll trickle down to the rest of their family...sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. I did a tree back to 1870 on a friend of mine just because I'd known his family almost my whole life, gave it to him, he thanked me, but I never heard another thing about it.....oh well.....I guess I was just being a little sensitive because of all the time it took....but I still felt good about doing it.

It's always fun "running into " someone by mistake...but you know as Oprah says...."There are no coincidences!"

Yeah Nicka....it's funny how when family members know you're researching, you become the person to go to! I enjoy that especially when they ask. It's nice hearing them say "ahhhhh so that's how we're related!"

Thanks for your input guys!
Yo

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy