Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Daugherty, Laura, Kaufman, Texas

Wow! I didn't know her nickname was Mattie.

I see you show Neal as the father. That is not exactly true. He is the father of some, but not my ggmother, Fannie, Laura's first child.

Laura was "given" to a Dr. Monday in Nacadoches (sp?), TX when she was very young. I don't know why. He impregnated her and she ran away to Kaufman. The child she was carrying was Fannie. She married Neal after she arrived in Kaufman. So, Daughterty is her last name, but not her blood line. (We don't know what happened to Neal.) I have found a little on Dr. Monday. He is caucasion, he served during the Civil War on the Confederate side. Also, he is from Germany.

I would love to find out why she was given to Dr. Monday, but I don't think I will ever know.

Also, I would love to find out more about Laura's parents/family, but records were thin back then. And if she was given away, there may not be any records for that. Since the story I hear starts in Nacadoches, TX, I assume she is from there. I did one census that showed her parents came from Louisiana and another census that shows her parents came from Texas. So, I don't have a clue.

You are MOST HELPFUL and I want you to know I greatly, greatly appreciate your assistance.

Sincerely,

Dean

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy