Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Origins of Samuel Sterling of Minden

My great-great grandfather Samuel Sterling was born March 3, 1850. He married Matty Carey and raised a family in Minden, Webster Parrish, LA. He raised the family in an area of Minden referred to as "the bottom". Census documents indicate that he was born in Georgia, as was his father and mother. Census docs also indicate that he was born in Louisiana. I have submitted a DNA sample to determine my paternal lineage. Matches for the lineage results, though eye-opening, were not surprising. Results showed (paternal-father) matches with others who have submitted samples going back to Georgia, Scotland and Ireland. I'm assuming Grandpa Samuel was born a slave based on his DOB and place of birth. I'm trying to find a record of his parents. I've tried slave schedules with no results due to the lack of identifying info. I have hit a roadblock, especially since discovering the U.K. connection. Not sure if the U.K. connection is through the Sterling plantations in East/West Feliciana, LA. Any direction anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread

Origins of Samuel Sterling of Minden
Re: Origins of Samuel Sterling of Minden

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy