Family Reunion Forum
Family Reunion Activities, Ages 2-5
In planning for my Samuel Family Reunion 2007, I am placing a large emphases of making sure that the younger cousins, nieces,nephew etc. are involved, and have special activities planned for them. I found this activity at a Sesame Street Website. It was created as a Siblings activity, but at my next reunion, I will have enough supplies, so that each 2-5 year old(and pretty much anybody else) that wants to do it, will be able to create their own. I just had to share it....
Brother-Sister Family Tree
What you need:
Crayons or markers
1. Ask your older child to draw a picture of a tree on a piece of poster board. The tree should be fairly large, with plenty of branches and leaves.
2. Next, both children can cut apples out of red paper and leaves out of green paper. Or, the younger child can draw the shapes and the older one can cut them out. (Make sure the leaves and apples are big enough for your kids to paste photos and draw pictures on them later.)
3. If it's autumn and the leaves are changing color outside, your children may wish to add orange, yellow, or brown foliage.
4. Help both children cut pictures of themselves or other family members out of family photos. Then, they can glue their pictures on some of the leaves and apples.
5. On the remaining shapes, children can draw pictures of themselves and each other doing their favorite activities, either alone or together.
6. Finally, they can paste the apples and the leaves onto the poster board to create a special sibling tree.
7. You can hang the finished tree in a common space for the kids to share. If they'd each like their own, double the amount of paper and have each child make a tree for the other to hang on a bedroom wall.
I dont know how to place a pic within this post, but here is a the picture from the website: