AfriGeneas Military Research Forum Archive
In Response To: Re: jenkins ()
I saw how crazy the link was. I'll walk you through it, although the NARA web site is not very user friendly:
1. Got to www.nara.gov
2. On the left side of the screen, click on Research Room
3. On the left side, under the term "Resources", click on Access to Archival Databases (AAD)
4. Click on the Red SEARCH button
5. Click on "Indexes to Other Records"
6. Click on the first result listed: "Title: World War II Army Enlistment Records, 6/1/2002 - 9/30/2002"
7. Click on the Red SELECT button
8. Click on the Red SELECT button that is next to the words: "ENLISTMENT RECORDS"
9. Scroll down to the boxes that you can fill in with info on the person you are searching for.
10. I would suggest just a name, state and county search OR name and place or date of birth. Too many facts may restrict your search and you won't find someone who really is there, it's happened to me. Also keep in mind that many people "enlisted" in a place other than their place of residence. One of my relatives enlisted at the Army base where he went for basic training, it was several states away from home.