AfriGeneas Brick Wall Forum
Re: PERCIVAL Update?
In Response To: Re: PERCIVAL Update? ()
I originally thought the surname was 'unique enough' to attempt to do a surname search.
Alf Percival - Cross Keys, Macon, AL - bn abt 1830 SC, black, male
Mariah Pursifull, black female, born about 1821 in SC - living in Kentucky in 1870, with 14 yr old David Pursiful, black male (b. abt 1856).
1870 - Millie Percifull (b. abt 1800 in AL), living in Perry, Arkansas with "Tol" Percifull (1810, KY).
1870 - David Persefield (b. abt 1853) in Stoddard, MO
There are even some Percivals in Louisiana, in Jefferson Parish (new New Orleans).
- 1850 Slave Schedules
- There were Percivals in Richland County from 1797.
- There were also a few Percivals in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Missouri had its share of Percivals - especially Howard and Buchanan counties - with birth years from 1828 through 1848 (last searched).
- Kentucky had its "Persiful / Perciful" familiies.
- Quite a few Percivals were noted in the Indian Census Rolls (1885-1930)
- Some in the NY / NJ area had birthplaces listed as "Ireland":
The Wrights were in Lincoln county, GA - which shares a border with McCormick county, SC, as does neighboring Columbia County, GA. Look at when these counties were formed.
One additional note:
Messages In This Thread