AfriGeneas Brick Wall Forum
Still Looking, Too
1. Don't know where my paternal gfather George Walker is buried. He is found on the 1880, 1900, 1910 MS censuses with first wife Sarah. Not found in 1870 or 1920 at all. Found on 1930 census in Kankakee, IL, working as a laborer for a private family. He most likely died in Cook County's Oak Forest Hospital from TB in 1933. I'm still waiting on research results regarding a burial permit for him. No death cert has ever been found in IL for him.
2. Don't know his mother's name, just she was black & born in VA.
4.Don't know which Bertha Dobbins found on any census was paternal gmother. Her death cert has little or no info. She died in 1928 at age between 28 & 32 and is buried in Hinds County, MS.
5. Don't know any names of her parents or relatives.
6. Don't know where paternal uncle Prett Walker is buried. He was born abt 1902 in MS, and died of an STD in AR or MS before 1930. He shows up on 1910 census in MS and 1920 census in AR. An older relative told me that she was a toddler when she saw him always in a back bedroom in bed. She just remembers a white shirt, that he was "good looking" and always in bed. He never married & reportedly had no children.
7. Don't know anything about my aunt & uncle who were twins: George Jr & Sarah Albertha Walker. They were born abt 1892 in MS and are on the 1900 & 1910 MS censuses. They dropped off the face of the earth after that. None of the older relatives (who've already died) ever talked about them. Maybe they passed for white?