Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2010-09-06

*LunchBunch

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:04:15
End: 13:20:41
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AYWalton, daviss, deannie, Khathu, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, Spivey, vkn

3rdthawkins: hey 70s, enjoying your Labor Day

Seventies Soulchild: hello 3rd, hello Spivey

3rdthawkins: and Spivey, hello

Spivey: Hi 3rdthawkins and Seventies Soulchild!

Seventies Soulchild: Everything is boring. . .

Spivey: LOL. Did you enjoy yourself yesterday Seventies Soulchild?

Seventies Soulchild: I enjoyed myself

Spivey: Welcome back.

Seventies Soulchild: I can see I'm going to have issues with this today. :( I was talking to the folks over at genealogywise and they love tribal pages

Spivey: I don't know if anyone caught it when I talked about it yesterday, but I think I am going to order Shamele Jordan's Googling For Grandma CD.

Seventies Soulchild: I am considering a move from Ancestry to tribal pages. hello daviss!

Spivey: I use Ancestry for the hints and tips it gives me, but I also have my tree set up on my own domain Seventies Soulchild.

3rdthawkins: hey daviss

Spivey: Daviss, Daviss, Daviss! Where you been [at]?

Seventies Soulchild: I'm also going to have to work on my website. I'll need to download the software again from yahoo.

3rdthawkins: hello alt

daviss: hello 3rd,seventies,spivey and alt!

Spivey: Software from Yahoo!?

alt: Hello all, 3rd, daviss, 70's & Spivey

Spivey: Hi alt!

daviss: lol @ Spivey I've been here and there

Spivey: I was just saying I think I'm going to order Shamele Jordan's 'Googling For Grandma' CD alt and daviss. Thanks for the tip alt.

daviss: how did you ever reach her Spivey

alt: yw Spivey.. she makes a nice presentation.

Seventies Soulchild: hi alt :) Where have YOU been? lol

vkn: Good Laboring 2day

3rdthawkins: hello vkn

daviss: I requested friend on fb but nothing yet hello vkn!

Spivey: I e-mailed her daviss. She responded quickly too, and said she would send me the order form. I didn't know she has other presentations too, like on researching United States Colored Troops and Freedmen's Bureau.

alt: Seventies Soulchild, you will enjoy Tribal Pages.. just upload a GEDCOM and add what you want to enhance the site... it's easy, relatively cheap and you have 'no' software issues to deal with.

Spivey: Hi vkn!

vkn: alt give us the ADAMS reunion news!!!! how did it all go?

daviss: Is she sending order form via email spivey?

Seventies Soulchild: Its going to take some work to get that started.

Spivey: Yes, daviss. Want me to forward you a copy?

alt: Hello vkn.... it went very well... 4-5 Sep over 300 in attendance,

daviss: yes please!!

Spivey: Okay. Let me do it now before I forget to.

vkn: wow a big number

3rdthawkins: wow, great alt

Seventies Soulchild: That's a lot of people alt. about double of what we have at our reunions

alt: I'll post my "observations' on the Family Reunion forum

Seventies Soulchild: I've been trying to encourage my cousins to invite more relatives to the reunions we have a great big family

vkn: thankee

Spivey: daviss the e-mail I have for you is at AfriGeneas.net. Is that okay to use?

alt: we had folks from Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Minnesota, Kentucky, Michigan and of course from all over Ohio

Seventies Soulchild: Did you all get a group photo?

vkn: No Alabamers oh forgot those were not Embrys

Seventies Soulchild: Please, please please post if you did. I love those pictures :)

alt: Unforunatley not Seventies Soulchild, but we had a 'pro' photograher there yesterday and he was taking shots for most of the afternoon.

daviss: yes spivey thats correct

Spivey: Okay. Sent daviss.

Seventies Soulchild: too bad. that would've made for a great photo.

alt: geting that many of my folks together for those group photos is like 'herding cats' almost impossible LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol

vkn: Yall be good I be running 2day

Seventies Soulchild: ok have a good day vkn and some bbq lol

Spivey: Have a good day vkn!

alt: a 'highlight' was a 'Greeting from the White House"

Seventies Soulchild: alt I meant to tell you, our WP liaison was in you & Irita's area this past week

alt: recruiting?

Seventies Soulchild: I can never get on lunchbunch chat from work anymore these days. yes

alt: I noticed, finally got you 'working' LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol I work ALL day

alt: yeah LOL

Seventies Soulchild: H3ll I am starting to wish I had my old job back... These cheap rascals get on my nerves

alt: remember green grass and the other side of the fence LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol True words indeed! No they messed up my money. . .that's a no no I'm about to go to the union on them. Then the drama about the girl quitting. You know I'm one step away from calling them B*tches

alt: guess some of the 'regulars' are taking the day off from chat

Seventies Soulchild: Ok I just vented here, sorry folks....

alt: Seventies Soulchild, were there good reports about Tribal Pages on GenealogyWise?

Seventies Soulchild: Yes And I heard the same thing about Ancestry selling peoples family trees.

alt: it is really a wonderful site and you can personalize to your touch without doing any 'heavy lifting'.

Seventies Soulchild: Maybe I can work on getting a little bit of that done today.

daviss: seventies I also have two tribal pages

Seventies Soulchild: You just have one or multiple lines alt, daviss?

Spivey: Seventies Soulchild you mentioned downloading software from Yahoo! What software is that?

Seventies Soulchild: That's for my webpage that they host.

3rdthawkins: hello AY

Spivey: Hi AYWalton!

daviss: I have one for my Daviss Line and One for My Taylors etc

alt: I have two Seventies Soulchild, one with my family lines (2,500+) and one with my entire database (21,000+)

AYWalton: Good afternoon all.

Spivey: Hi Selma!

3rdthawkins: hello Seoma

Seventies Soulchild: ok I would like to do one just for my Rounds line only

3rdthawkins: Selma

AYWalton: hello 3rd, alt, Ms. daviss, Ms. Selma, Spivey. Hey there, SoulChile!

Seventies Soulchild: Hi AYWalton, Selma

Selma: Good Monday Labor DAy afternoon to you all

alt: Hello AYWalton

AYWalton: Good Labor Day to you as well, Ms. Selma!

alt: Then just upload a GEDCOM file with only the "Rounds" information Seventies Soulchild Hi Selma

Selma: Hi alt...how was the reunion

Seventies Soulchild: ok

AYWalton: hope everyone is having a good day.

Seventies Soulchild: Problem is I don't have a GEDCOM file lol

daviss: Hello Selma and AYWalton!

alt: great Selma!!!! an old flame of AYWalton 's was there, he said to say hello to AYWalton, so hello from Rick Barrett AYWalton creat one from your genealogy software Seventies Soulchild

AYWalton: lol that's nice of him, hope you sent him a special hello bak from me!!! lol

Seventies Soulchild: brb

alt: I did AYWalton, told him you were a gen buddy and you had mentioned you knew him from your 'younger' days LOL

AYWalton: I got the word that I will be on the program for Atlanta FH Expo. Just saw my name on the program.

Spivey: Seventies Soulchild my webpage is also at Yahoo! I am not familiar with any software though.

AYWalton: that's nice, alt, thanks.

Selma: I enjoyed your Labor Day blog vicky...and your posting on Gorgeous George brought back memories vicky..my grandmother was a big wrestling fan

AYWalton: Selma, in my home town wrestling was a big thing and on local television. They used to have local folks with fanciful name wresting. A popular guy was somebody called Chief Kit Fox. He would come in the ring with a full headdress and get mad and start making the expected noises and get the crowd going.

daviss: thank you Selma, I appreciate you reading them

AYWalton: but the weirdest thing was this----about 2-3 times a year they brought on what they called "colored girl midgets!" Talk about weird---and those short sisters were slingng each other around.

Selma: My grandmother would watch on TV...she actually went to Madison Gardens's a couple of times.

daviss: lol I imagine that was a sight AYWalton

AYWalton: it was wild!

Selma: I don't remember seeing on "colored girl midgets"..but I do remember Gorgeous George

daviss: That was my aunts favorite lol now it costs an arm and a leg to see the WWE players

AYWalton: I found a photo once on google on one of them.

daviss: I would love to see the Bill Pickett Rodeo televised so more AA's could get exposed to Black Rodeo

AYWalton: that is a big deal in Oklahoma. Okmulgee Rodeo, Boley Rodeo, Arcadia Rodeo. and there is one that travels.

Khathu: hello everyone

daviss: Is the one in Boley still going on

Spivey: Hi Khathu!

Selma: Afternoon Khathu

alt: I attended the events in Boley a few times when I was TDY to Okla City AYWalton

Seventies Soulchild: Hello Khathu

Selma: Afternoon deannie

AYWalton: TDY ?

daviss: I think that is the prison rodeo isnt it AYWalton?

alt: hello deannie &Khathu

deannie: Happy Holiday to everyone

Spivey: Hi deannie! Same to you!

AYWalton: I forgot there is a prison rodeo---don't think it is Boley--but not sure.

daviss: hello Khathu and Deannie

alt: I think the prison rodeo in OK was in El Reno AYWalton

AYWalton: that's it!

daviss: I know my Ex used to go to the Prison rodeo but forgot where it was So does everyone have their grill all fired up today?

AYWalton: it is an interesting culture out there. not yet, daviss! You got your meat seasoned?

daviss: It sure is AYWalton..

3rdthawkins: Heeyyy Khathu

AYWalton: we will have a small cookout--enhanced by crabs!

Seventies Soulchild: Y'all making me hungry!

AYWalton: wassup khathu?

3rdthawkins: and deannie

alt: Anita is Q'ing as we speak.

daviss: lol nawww I am skipping all forms of cooking today

AYWalton: got her on it, already, huh alt?

Khathu: just preparing for the Haynes Reunion next month in Vallejo, CA

3rdthawkins: but not all forms of eating, right?

daviss: Oh that will get done 3rd for sure

Khathu: preparing a presentation on the family history

3rdthawkins: lol

AYWalton: found a photo of one of the wresters, daviss:

alt: what are you presenting/preparing for the reunion Khathu?

AYWalton: http://www.houseofdeception.com/pages/Midget%20Wrestler%20Sheila%20Johnson.html

daviss: ok aywalton

Khathu: as well as a descendant chart

Selma: Did you hang your 90 foot chart alt?

Khathu: yes alt i will be presenting at the reunion

AYWalton: is this for an event, khathu, or on one of your projects? ahhh you answered my question.

daviss: boy thats something AYWalton thanks

AYWalton: when is it?

alt: we had it out on disply Selma, couldn't find a 90+ wall to mount it.

Khathu: i'm the residence historian for the family

AYWalton: I am busy indexing my pages for the LCAfricana project. Doing my 10 pages to help out.

Seventies Soulchild: You are a good one too Khathu ;)

Khathu: so where did you display it alt

alt: wonderful Khathu

Khathu: i try to be Seventies

daviss: thanks Spivey, I got email

AYWalton: will you be making a formal presentation, khathu?

Khathu: yes i will be making a formal presentation

alt: we were under the grandstand at a county faitgrounds and the had display cases lined up under the grandstand Khathu, we had about 70 ft. to place the chart on top of them.

Khathu: wow.....

Spivey: You're welcome daviss. The form prints out very well.

alt: it was ladi out so folks could 'unfold' sections and try to locate themselves and their lines

AYWalton: are you presenting the line---or focusing on a particular aspect of the family history?

Seventies Soulchild: Goodness gracious I need to go... talk to you all later.

Khathu: i will be focusing on the patriarch of the family Isaac Haynes

daviss: heyyy 7

alt: oh Khathu, did you get the Power Point I sent you an the Adams milestones?

Khathu: not yet alt

AYWalton: I have found that at a reunion---it is good to either 1--tell a story about one person---OR 2) to walk them back through the records---making sure that they GET the records that you talk about---and then share with them your observations.

alt: wow, I sent it Fri.. maybe I should resubmit Khathu

3rdthawkins: I didn't get to do that with my grandma AY, I was so sleepy

Khathu: AYWalton - I planned on doing that. The family is too large to try and cover everything

AYWalton: I even had cousins in Reno to ask me to re-tell the story of Uncle Sephus that I told in 1996 in Phoenix. Some remembered it when they were small----and they wanted to hear it again. Uncle Sephus is family hero to them.

3rdthawkins: oh, ok, was gonna ask if everyone is ok with that story

alt: that's what my PP does AYWalton. it focuses on Lewsi & Susan Adams our progenitors and their lives from 1785 to 1864.

AYWalton: I like that---plus it keeps folks very interested in their history. I must say---they have embraced it!

Khathu: that is the format i am following

3rdthawkins: wow, AY, that's cool

Khathu: alt - can you re-send the email to me

alt: sure will Khathu .. today.. it is in PP 2007...should I send that or a 2003-2007 version of PP?

Khathu: either one would be fine

alt: okay

AYWalton: Well folks, I am going to run. Have a wonderful day everybody!! Enjoy the holiday!

deannie: I have rum

Khathu: have a great day everyone

3rdthawkins: was she trying to say she has to run?

Spivey: Gee, and she didn't even offer anybody any!

daviss: rum will make you log out lol

Selma: I have to "rum" too...have a great day.

daviss: lol

Spivey: LOL. I might as well rum too so I can eat my snow crab legs. Maybe with some rum. LOL.

daviss: gee thanks spivey

Spivey: :)

alt: we've tried to start an Adams Family page on Facebook to attract some of the younger generation. http://tinyurl.com/2g44eas

daviss: rum and oatmeal for me

Spivey: I saved them for this day. Have a good one everyone!

daviss: u2

3rdthawkins: can't access it alt

daviss: alt can you send me the instruction on how to do that tiny url or at least a link

3rdthawkins: you probably have it set to be seen by only certain people

alt: hmmn, did you get to it daviss?

3rdthawkins: The page you requested was not found. You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive. * Return home * Go back to the previous page

daviss: gotta log on fb first hold on

alt: 3rdthawkins, in the 'search' on FB type in Adams Family

daviss: it took me to FB

alt: Oops "Adams Family Reunion"

daviss: got it alt

3rdthawkins: you have no idea how many adams families are on FB, especially the Don-Don-Don-DON Snap Snap lol

daviss: myrtle beach nice photo alt

3rdthawkins: so it is myrtle beach, ok, yeah nice photo I'm pushing like

daviss: so that might not be it lol this one says annual

3rdthawkins: probsably not daviss lol

alt: naw, that ain't it daviss

3rdthawkins: so I'm gonna unlike it

daviss: ok I fot it Fairfield got it in fairfield

3rdthawkins: Cobb-Adams alt?

alt: Adams Family Tree & the other page is Adams Family Reunion

daviss: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Adams-Family-Reunion-Fairfield-Ohio/115148918520147?ref=search is this it alt

3rdthawkins: that looks like it

alt: nope vicky

daviss: sheesh

3rdthawkins: yeah, probably not

alt: anyway we hope to attract the younger set thru FB... folks were communicating for 100 years without the 'Net we should be able to do it even better with all this social networking stuff going on

daviss: for sure alt

alt: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1604675249 a cosuin with a family photo album of about 150 photos.

3rdthawkins: think I found it alt

daviss: well show me 3rd

3rdthawkins: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adams-Family-Reunion-Fairfield-Ohio/115148918520147?ref=search#!/photo.php?pid=258557&id=136100299743502&ref=fbx_album

daviss: got that one alt a Washington

3rdthawkins: please tell me that's it

daviss: doesnt look like it 3rd lol

alt: Michale has a lot of family photos up there in several albums daviss.. we're usuing his site as a 'take-off' point for the younger set. nope 3rdthawkins , that's another one LOL

daviss: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1604675249#!/pages/Adams-Family-Tree/124550030897303 thats it !!! Go Cardinals! lol

alt: yeah daviss .. that's one of the FB sites we're using... Go Browns!!!! LOL

daviss: lol lol well now I gotta "rum" and get breakfast lol

alt: okay have a good one

daviss: have a great day you two

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy