Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2013-03-04 • Dr. Shirley Jackson

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:08:14
End: 13:06:24
Chatters: alt, Daviss, deannie, Selma, Seventies, vkn

Daviss: Afternoon alt!

alt: hello Daviss, how are you this 'morning'?

Daviss: eh... lol what about you

alt: breakfeast, coffee & ready for a big day?

Daviss: breakfast and coffee but not sure how anxious I am to get out of the house I need to go to the post office but I just don't feel like buldoging as yet

Seventies: Davis.. before you leave the house, what are you supposed to do??? Hi alt... :)

Daviss: heyyyyyyyyyyy

alt: me neither, it's a little chilly here and I would like to stay in today, but Momma wants to go and visit her money at the 'slots'.

Seventies: LOL alt

Daviss: G'afternoon Ms Seventies

alt: Hello Seventies

Seventies: Ooppsss hi alt and Daviss..

Daviss: ok just finished seventies lol

Seventies: GREAT! So proud of you!

Daviss: lol lol lol it was kind of like one potato two potato but I forgot the three potato more

Seventies: lol

Daviss: however my mission is to get that done before 11:am

Seventies: Don't forget whatever you do, add a little more each day to how long you're doing the exercise. 5 more mins. work you way up in time.

Daviss: alt I am trying to exercise lol

Seventies: She's trying to get herself together for the summer... :)

alt: exercise... what's that?

Seventies: LOL And for her future husband.... Or boyfriends... lol

Daviss: the young whipper snapper is in control of my plans ha!

Seventies: ok then .. sugar daddy! lol

Daviss: hahahahahaha

Seventies: Ok enough jokes.. lol

alt: am I allowed in this conversation? LOL LOL

Seventies: Alright Dr. Shirley Jackson will be speaking here for Women's History Month... very excited.. lol LOL alt.. well just tread lightly friend... lol Tickets are $10...

Daviss: hello deannie

deannie: I'm early today

alt: hello deannie,

Seventies: Hi deannie

deannie: How is everyone

Seventies: Great!

deannie: seventies i have gone on the The Griot Famly/facebook pages...I checking it out to get information.....

Daviss: when I was about 7 or 8 I went to Texas to visit aunt.. I stayed for that school year

Seventies: Okay Thanks for visiting! My research mainly focuses on the Miss-Lou region SW MS & SE LA

Daviss: The girl across the street was my playmate. here is a blog that I wrote of one of our escapades. I wrote it several years ago

Seventies: deannie, let me know if you have any MS questions.

alt: Hello Ms Selma

Selma: Good morning folks..alt, daviss, deannie and seventies.. Oops .. afternoon

deannie: Can I have your email address....alt and daviss knows that I am a good person ....lol

Seventies: familygriot@familygriot.com

Daviss: Well yesterday I got a friend request on FB. I saw the name that was shortened and a last name that I did not recognize. But my gut said her name loud and clear....

deannie: Ok thanks

Seventies: Well, I'ma read this after I eat this lunch.. :)

alt: thats a funny story Daviss

Daviss: I instant msg her and asked if she was who I thought Lord behold it was her after 60 years

Selma: Wow... How wonderful

Seventies: that's great... but I'ma have to talk about you regarding that Communion.. lol UR a mess Daviss! lol

Daviss: I don't know how in the world she found me but I was quite overwhelmed and happy

Seventies: Your blog! lol

Daviss: heyyy can I help it if I started out early lol Hi selma

Selma: My mother and her best friend from 80 years ago are still in contact by phone..friend lives in Boston

Daviss: Thats awesome Selma!!!

Selma: We want to take my Mom to Boston this summer

alt: with the 'Net as it is, we can't hide from our past .. folks can find us if they search hard enough.

Daviss: yes but the names are so different now

alt: that would be a wonderful gift & experience for your mother Selma

Seventies: wow... that's a long time Selma. Your mom is in her 80's right?

Selma: 90's..seventies

Seventies: Ok

Daviss: I know a more than a few people named Rose but for some reason Rosemary was in my mind

Selma: She musta heard you thinking about her Daviss

Seventies: Yes indeed... :)

alt: I just saw where the HS yearbook for my Junior year is online.....

Daviss: uh oh

Selma: Are you in it alt?

alt: oh yeah Selma.... several photos, scary too LOL LOL

Seventies: where? so we can all look... :) I had a typical 80's look.. so embarassing.

Selma: All those looks look dated...when you age..

alt: Classmates.com Piqua, Ohio HS 1951 Seventies

deannie: How cutie were you alt Are you a member of Classmates

Daviss: is that a pay site

Seventies: It took a little bit for alt to get some age on him. just 'some'... lol

deannie: I have all of my yearbooks...I know that they would be important to me..so I made sure that my daughter brought her's.....my niece did not get her now she looking for people So of the things you can see, and some you can't....also try Tree52.com

Daviss: I dont see it yet

alt: great move deannie, I'm sure it is greatly appreciated now.

Daviss: No idea what I am missing

deannie: Yes...when we have class reunion we bring them so that see ourself....Wendell Phillips class of 1971....Go Wildcates

alt: I'm on pages 78/79, 82/83, 84/85 these are athletic teams... there are other pages too http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/Piqua-High-School/228797?page=1

deannie: This year my classmates turn 60 lol....so I trying to get as many members to come a fundraiser the school gives every year

Seventies: I just checked and mine is NOT there! Woo Hoo!!!

deannie: I think mine is.....I'm checking now

Daviss: ok is this a paysite

Seventies: yes it is.

alt: they try to get you to pay Daviss, if you want a copy and/or specific photos, or a yearbook

deannie: I forget I'm at work, they have block the site

Seventies: Is it just me, but are there quite a few people AA's researching in South Carolina?

Daviss: oh ok

alt: there seems to be a lot of interest by SC researchers Seventies

Seventies: By the numbers, there are several families in Alabama and Mississippi, I would think that there would be more MS researchers..

deannie: We have a South Carolina Group in Evanston, Il (there is a large number of South Carolinians living there.

Seventies: More African Americans..

Daviss: Grrrrrrr

Seventies: hold on Daviss.

alt: In this area most AA's with 'deep south' roots are from AL & GA, very few from the other States like MS, LA, SC, etc.

deannie: I have to run my lunch is up....have a great day....Hey Alt…Chicago is expecting about 6 inch of snow tonight I will be thinking about you on my skis tomorrow lol

Seventies: Even today AA's make up quite a large population of MS even AFTER the Great Migration. That says a lot to me.

Daviss: I think I am about to get booted again sheesh

Seventies: ok deannie... lol Your computer my cell phone.. egh

alt: bye deannie

Selma: Bye deannie stay warm I am hoping we get an inch or two on Thursday, just cause

Seventies: I need to go too. I'm tired of my co-worker trying to talk to me at lunch about work. I'll leave it at that... Ok talk to you all later.

alt: you're weird Selma,,, 2 inches of snow, just because LOL LOL

Selma: Cause it looks pretty..then I want it to melt..

alt: now I heard that, hurry up and melt LOL

Selma: Ok folks time for me to run..have a great day

vkn: Howdy Deannie

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy