Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-11-27 • Condoms & Genealogy

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:22:55
End: 13:36:03
Chatters: Daviss, Khathu, Selma, Seventies, vkn

Seventies: Ok its 12:30 am I going to be the only one in chat today?

Khathu: hey seventies

Seventies: Hi Khathu. How are you? Getting snow down there?

Khathu: No just rain

Seventies: okay Hi Selma

Selma: Afternoon seventies and Khathu

Seventies: How's everything going with the genealogical research? I'm ordering some additional DCs this week. okay... How's the weather? :}

Selma: Stepped away from the computer. No research for me on Grandma duty...the weather is good suppose to get some showers later on toady

Khathu: I just realized that I am just about related to everyone in Freestone and Leon Counties, Texas either by blood or marriage So I should continue to research the entire counties

Selma: I could see where that would happen in some places Khathu

Seventies: I can too, especially back in those times. The late 1800's and early 1900's. Selma or Khathu, do you have any experience with ADAH? or Alabama counties?

Selma: I don't seventies.

Khathu: Very little

Seventies: hhmm I want to do some ordering from there. I understand that the death certificates are maintained at the county level. Surprising.

Selma: I think vkn does

Seventies: okay

Selma: Oops or does she do Georgia

Seventies: How about South Carolina? I think my slave era research will take me there for my Alabama folks.

Selma: Is South Carolina what they list as their place of birth

Seventies: My Mixon line out of Autauga County lists the father and occasionally Alec Mixon. There are also white Mixons in the area from South Carolina. Wait a moment. Alec Mixon is listed as being born in SC and AL on a few census records, as is his father. Hello vkn

Selma: Afternoon vkn

vkn: Good afternoon on Tuesday to Seventies, Selma and Khathu

Khathu: Hello vkn

vkn: Seventies in my experience they are at the State Dept of Health

Seventies: OK thanks vkn.

vkn: There is also a certificate of burial at the state level that is genealogically loaded with data. I will try to remember to scan one for you. It is filed by the funeral director.

Selma: What year did they start doing that vkn?

Seventies: This also comes from the State Dept of health?

vkn: Not exactly sure Selma but it was after 1918 I have those for Calhoun and surrounding counties for those filed by the Lucius Funeral Home

Seventies: Okay... Writing all of this down for later research. thanks.

vkn: Shows cost of the funeral and a rough sketch of the burial location

Seventies: Lucius still in business vkn?

vkn: No seventies

Seventies: Hi johnny come lately... :}

Daviss: hello Khathu, Selma, Seventies and vkn lol

vkn: Present your note from home daviss

Daviss: lol @ Seventies how's it going ya'll

Seventies: Ain't this a trip... I see that Frank Brown, suspected bro of Dinah rounds has a family tree. Let me see if I can get in... Snowy.

vkn: BTW I just learned that Morehouse is doing a "Condom Fashion Show" GASP!!! I go until learning that all of the clothing will be fashioned from condoms. Label me "old School" lol

Daviss: me too lol lol Hope it stays out that way and won't come to ASU lol

Selma: I will have to let my son the Morehouse Grad know.. LOL Hi Daviss..you were kinda late..

vkn: me too seventies. Guess the message has to be geared to a youth audience

Selma: and I never checked out of the chat yesterday. Gonna run..put the little darlin down for a nap.

Seventies: Have a good one Selma.

Daviss: ok

vkn: The informant to me is a nurse educator with the Center for Disease Control

Daviss: and what does she really think..

Seventies: I hope that they have a good time showing off their multi-colored multi-textured condoms...

vkn: She says the rate of disease has declined except among Black females where there is an increase

Daviss: I have seen outfits made from tape so I am sure that will be about the same lol interesting since it takes two to tango or whatever dance you want to call it

Seventies: duck tape v. condoms.. lol

vkn: Genealogically could it mean absent mothers or more grandmothers raising children

Daviss: its always been that way vkn

Seventies: I think you will see that more vkn and a great deal of confusion with multiple moms and one father. My sons father has a total of six including my boys. Yeah I picked a real winner! lol

vkn: or unknown paternal lines ?

Seventies: Yes...

Daviss: yep

vkn: So we joke about BabyDaddy when it is no joke

Daviss: vkn I sent you email this morn early

vkn: ohhhh ok thankee

Daviss: kids today think its no big thing vkn.....they think we are behind the times some things we may be but sometimes they take somethings too far

Seventies: vkn its either laugh or cry.. no sense in crying over spilled milk, but just moving forward and doing the best you can. We all have to account for our actions.

Daviss: and we also have to remove the blinders

vkn: and are we or are we stuck in time with our experience. I was recently recalling churning milk to butter as a girl lol

Daviss: no, nothing wrong with memories in fact I am now writing a blog about one of my memories

vkn: talk about antique ing

Daviss: I will be posting later today

vkn: Does the youth mind discount mortality thus making them more daring?

Daviss: who would have though about tec savy vkn way back when you were churning butter some do vkn depending on whom they run around with

vkn: oxymoron time lol

Daviss: bangers have no concept about mortality...most I have heard feel like they have experienced it all and they are young

vkn: You may prolly be right on daviss.

Seventies: good Daviss, can't wait to read. You are such a good story teller.

Daviss: thanks Seventies

vkn: Indeed she is Seventies

Seventies: What? Isn't taking risk as youngsters part of the development process?

vkn: Are y'all reading the TJ book controversy

Daviss: I would say so... heck look at us I have read those sent via email vkn

vkn: But not the entire generation. My parents dared us to take risks and built all kinds of gates and fences to prevent us from doing so

Seventies: Exactly, I know for a fact y'all did some stuff I didn't even dream of doing.. lol lol lol

Daviss: but there were those in your generation that took those risks for you vkn

vkn: Seventies we were ever chaperoned to the max

Selma: You all still here

vkn: Spelling ?

Daviss: some sneaked out behind the well vkn lol lol lol

vkn: Yeah Seventies like going on a hayride lol Daviss you didn't know my Mama and her 7 sisters lol

Daviss: lol lol lol

vkn: Yeah Selma are you washing dishes or what?

Selma: Putting down the little darlin for a nap..almost fell asleep myself

vkn: OOps

Selma: I got a dishwasher I rinse.. LOL

vkn: lol me too

Seventies: lol Selma.

Daviss: egads!!

Selma: Egads...haven't heard that in a long time

Daviss: lol Selma its like Sheesh

vkn: Daviss you sound like Barney Google. Remember that comic strip?

Selma: I know Daviss..just hadn't seen or heard in a long time How about Dick Tracey and Brenda Starr

vkn: They always said Egads!! lol

Daviss: I remember those two

Seventies: I have to go I have a whole lotta work to do... :(

Daviss: my brother had a Dick Tracy watch

Seventies: See y'all tonight. What's the topic?

vkn: Selma the Dionne Quintuplets paper dolls

Daviss: wish I had it now i could prolly sell and buy a motor home lol

Selma: LOL I remember the Dionne Quints..but not the paper dolls

Seventies: lol ah huh...

vkn: and Shirley Temple cut outs

Selma: Shirley Temple yes...

Daviss: cut outs for sure

Selma: I have a CD..that has the Good Ship Lollipop song on it..my grands were singing

vkn: and we made cutouts from the Monkey Ward catalog models

Daviss: my clothes would never stay on the cut outs lol

vkn: We used cold water and flour paste daviss

Selma: Strolling down memory lane

Daviss: used that to make kites lol

vkn: that too

Daviss: and also to make pictures with colored glass

Selma: In my neighborhood some of the guys would fly the kites from the roofs of the apartment building and put razor blades on the tails..to bring down other folks kites...my husband was appalled when I told him that story Growing up in the city had a edge to it.. LOL

Daviss: woooo whee never heard that before lol

vkn: I reckon so that practice sounds deadly Selma Talk about edge lol

Selma: LOL

Daviss: razors edge lol

vkn: a good one daviss

Daviss: hahaha I better head out to finish my blog

Selma: I better run too..have a great day folks

Daviss: later

vkn: Nice remembering while trying to forget lol lol lol

Daviss: lol bye vkn and check email

vkn: Will call you shortly Daviss

Seventies: Ok its 12:30 am I going to be the only one in chat today?

Khathu: hey seventies

Seventies: Hi Khathu. How are you? Getting snow down there?

Khathu: No just rain

Seventies: okay Hi Selma

Selma: Afternoon seventies and Khathu

Seventies: How's everything going with the genealogical research? I'm ordering some additional DCs this week. okay... How's the weather? :}

Selma: Stepped away from the computer. No research for me on Grandma duty...the weather is good suppose to get some showers later on toady

Khathu: I just realized that I am just about related to everyone in Freestone and Leon Counties, Texas either by blood or marriage So I should continue to research the entire counties

Selma: I could see where that would happen in some places Khathu

Seventies: I can too, especially back in those times. The late 1800's and early 1900's. Selma or Khathu, do you have any experience with ADAH? or Alabama counties?

Selma: I don't seventies.

Khathu: Very little

Seventies: hhmm I want to do some ordering from there. I understand that the death certificates are maintained at the county level. Surprising.

Selma: I think vkn does

Seventies: okay

Selma: Oops or does she do Georgia

Seventies: How about South Carolina? I think my slave era research will take me there for my Alabama folks.

Selma: Is South Carolina what they list as their place of birth

Seventies: My Mixon line out of Autauga County lists the father and occasionally Alec Mixon. There are also white Mixons in the area from South Carolina. Wait a moment. Alec Mixon is listed as being born in SC and AL on a few census records, as is his father. Hello vkn

Selma: Afternoon vkn

vkn: Good afternoon on Tuesday to Seventies, Selma and Khathu

Khathu: Hello vkn

vkn: Seventies in my experience they are at the State Dept of Health

Seventies: OK thanks vkn.

vkn: There is also a certificate of burial at the state level that is genealogically loaded with data. I will try to remember to scan one for you. It is filed by the funeral director.

Selma: What year did they start doing that vkn?

Seventies: This also comes from the State Dept of health?

vkn: Not exactly sure Selma but it was after 1918 I have those for Calhoun and surrounding counties for those filed by the Lucius Funeral Home

Seventies: Okay... Writing all of this down for later research. thanks.

vkn: Shows cost of the funeral and a rough sketch of the burial location

Seventies: Lucius still in business vkn?

vkn: No seventies

Seventies: Hi johnny come lately... :}

Daviss: hello Khathu, Selma, Seventies and vkn lol

vkn: Present your note from home daviss

Daviss: lol @ Seventies how's it going ya'll

Seventies: Ain't this a trip... I see that Frank Brown, suspected bro of Dinah rounds has a family tree. Let me see if I can get in... Snowy.

vkn: BTW I just learned that Morehouse is doing a "Condom Fashion Show" GASP!!! I go until learning that all of the clothing will be fashioned from condoms. Label me "old School" lol

Daviss: me too lol lol Hope it stays out that way and won't come to ASU lol

Selma: I will have to let my son the Morehouse Grad know.. LOL Hi Daviss..you were kinda late..

vkn: me too seventies. Guess the message has to be geared to a youth audience

Selma: and I never checked out of the chat yesterday. Gonna run..put the little darlin down for a nap.

Seventies: Have a good one Selma.

Daviss: ok

vkn: The informant to me is a nurse educator with the Center for Disease Control

Daviss: and what does she really think..

Seventies: I hope that they have a good time showing off their multi-colored multi-textured condoms...

vkn: She says the rate of disease has declined except among Black females where there is an increase

Daviss: I have seen outfits made from tape so I am sure that will be about the same lol interesting since it takes two to tango or whatever dance you want to call it

Seventies: duck tape v. condoms.. lol

vkn: Genealogically could it mean absent mothers or more grandmothers raising children

Daviss: its always been that way vkn

Seventies: I think you will see that more vkn and a great deal of confusion with multiple moms and one father. My sons father has a total of six including my boys. Yeah I picked a real winner! lol

vkn: or unknown paternal lines ?

Seventies: Yes...

Daviss: yep

vkn: So we joke about BabyDaddy when it is no joke

Daviss: vkn I sent you email this morn early

vkn: ohhhh ok thankee

Daviss: kids today think its no big thing vkn.....they think we are behind the times some things we may be but sometimes they take somethings too far

Seventies: vkn its either laugh or cry.. no sense in crying over spilled milk, but just moving forward and doing the best you can. We all have to account for our actions.

Daviss: and we also have to remove the blinders

vkn: and are we or are we stuck in time with our experience. I was recently recalling churning milk to butter as a girl lol

Daviss: no, nothing wrong with memories in fact I am now writing a blog about one of my memories

vkn: talk about antique ing

Daviss: I will be posting later today

vkn: Does the youth mind discount mortality thus making them more daring?

Daviss: who would have though about tec savy vkn way back when you were churning butter some do vkn depending on whom they run around with

vkn: oxymoron time lol

Daviss: bangers have no concept about mortality...most I have heard feel like they have experienced it all and they are young

vkn: You may prolly be right on daviss.

Seventies: good Daviss, can't wait to read. You are such a good story teller.

Daviss: thanks Seventies

vkn: Indeed she is Seventies

Seventies: What? Isn't taking risk as youngsters part of the development process?

vkn: Are y'all reading the TJ book controversy

Daviss: I would say so... heck look at us I have read those sent via email vkn

vkn: But not the entire generation. My parents dared us to take risks and built all kinds of gates and fences to prevent us from doing so

Seventies: Exactly, I know for a fact y'all did some stuff I didn't even dream of doing.. lol lol lol

Daviss: but there were those in your generation that took those risks for you vkn

vkn: Seventies we were ever chaperoned to the max

Selma: You all still here

vkn: Spelling ?

Daviss: some sneaked out behind the well vkn lol lol lol

vkn: Yeah Seventies like going on a hayride lol Daviss you didn't know my Mama and her 7 sisters lol

Daviss: lol lol lol

vkn: Yeah Selma are you washing dishes or what?

Selma: Putting down the little darlin for a nap..almost fell asleep myself

vkn: OOps

Selma: I got a dishwasher I rinse.. LOL

vkn: lol me too

Seventies: lol Selma.

Daviss: egads!!

Selma: Egads...haven't heard that in a long time

Daviss: lol Selma its like Sheesh

vkn: Daviss you sound like Barney Google. Remember that comic strip?

Selma: I know Daviss..just hadn't seen or heard in a long time How about Dick Tracey and Brenda Starr

vkn: They always said Egads!! lol

Daviss: I remember those two

Seventies: I have to go I have a whole lotta work to do... :(

Daviss: my brother had a Dick Tracy watch

Seventies: See y'all tonight. What's the topic?

vkn: Selma the Dionne Quintuplets paper dolls

Daviss: wish I had it now i could prolly sell and buy a motor home lol

Selma: LOL I remember the Dionne Quints..but not the paper dolls

Seventies: lol ah huh...

vkn: and Shirley Temple cut outs

Selma: Shirley Temple yes...

Daviss: cut outs for sure

Selma: I have a CD..that has the Good Ship Lollipop song on it..my grands were singing

vkn: and we made cutouts from the Monkey Ward catalog models

Daviss: my clothes would never stay on the cut outs lol

vkn: We used cold water and flour paste daviss

Selma: Strolling down memory lane

Daviss: used that to make kites lol

vkn: that too

Daviss: and also to make pictures with colored glass

Selma: In my neighborhood some of the guys would fly the kites from the roofs of the apartment building and put razor blades on the tails..to bring down other folks kites...my husband was appalled when I told him that story Growing up in the city had a edge to it.. LOL

Daviss: woooo whee never heard that before lol

vkn: I reckon so that practice sounds deadly Selma Talk about edge lol

Selma: LOL

Daviss: razors edge lol

vkn: a good one daviss

Daviss: hahaha I better head out to finish my blog

Selma: I better run too..have a great day folks

Daviss: later

vkn: Nice remembering while trying to forget lol lol lol

Daviss: lol bye vkn and check email

vkn: Will call you shortly Daviss

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy