Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-04-11 Condolence ProfDru

*LunchBunch

Start: 11:59:07
End: 12:55:24
Chatters: alt, AYWalton, bbenn, Chaise, Daviss, ProfDru, Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: Good afternoon. Just keeping my place warm. BRB making lunch.

alt: howdy Seventies Soulchild... how ya doing today?

Seventies Soulchild: Hello alt I'm doing well and you?

alt: hanging in there.

Seventies Soulchild: good. Hoping you get better.

alt: I shall rise again LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: lol Any new information from the 1940 census?

alt: oh yeah..... how bout you

Seventies Soulchild: Hi Daviss

Daviss: hello Seventies and alt!

alt: Hello Daviss.....

Daviss: How's it going alt?

Seventies Soulchild: No.. I really need to be sitting at a microfilm machine. I do much better with rolling information. A skill from my computer intel days.

alt: walking thru the pages on online is very close to the same thing.

Daviss: you all still finding some good stuff

Seventies Soulchild: no it takes time for them to load.. I'm used to the 'super highway' on the autobahn level.. lol Information super highway* Daviss, have you found any more Taylors??

Daviss: no, I just found the one page and all I knew were there except for one uncle and my mother

Seventies Soulchild: ok I haven't found anyone outside of MS... I'm waiting now for real. I knew that AL would give me trouble.

Daviss: I can't begin to figure out where my uncle may have been because he was a minister and had started a many of churches...which one that year I have no idea

Seventies Soulchild: Hi Chaise

Chaise: Hello, all

alt: I've found all of my childhood friends in the 'old' neighborhoods where I grew up in the 1940 census

Daviss: Hi there Chaise

Seventies Soulchild: was your uncle one of those ministers who seeded churches Daviss?

alt: Hello chaise

Daviss: yes Alt I have seen where you walked along tht journey..thats great!

alt: still walking Daviss

AYWalton: good afternoon, all. howdy alt, Chaise, Daviss, SoulChile.

Chaise: Hi, AYWalton

Seventies Soulchild: alt will you expand your search outside of OH ot some of your family in other states?

AYWalton: Hey bbenn!

Seventies Soulchild: Hi AYWalton, hi bbenn

bbenn: Hello Everyone!

alt: Hello AYWalton... how you doing? Hello bbenn

bbenn: Having a great day!

Seventies Soulchild: alt, have you also considered telling your story to StoryCorp? Or did you do that already?

alt: no I haven't Seventies Soulchild

Daviss: I have the names of about 5 of the churches but some I know what towns they were in and some I don't. I do know one that is still in existence, online and his name is mentioned as one of the ministers

Seventies Soulchild: Please consider. It is a very important project that I think you can lend your voice to.. you have a MILLION stories to tell lol lol ok was he Baptist?

Daviss: yes he was Seventies AYWalton, I just read my email. I will answer you soon, and yes to all the questions

Seventies Soulchild: The church my grandmother help found was first ministered by a Rev. Miles Oliver who was born in Mississippi,but helped to found chruches all up and down the east coast. I was so surpised to hear that .

Chaise: I found two people listed in my great-grandparents household in the 1940 census listed as their children. Trying to uncover some facts about that now.

Seventies Soulchild: I'm tempted to look him up on ancestry.

AYWalton: thanks, Daviss

Seventies Soulchild: They could be grandchildren or grand nieces or nephews Chaise.

alt: bbenn, looking forward to your show tomorrow with Derek.... Is he at the OGS conf in Cleveland. It starts tomorrow

bbenn: Chaise, how old they?

Daviss: mabe you will be able to find a dc for the two children'

Chaise: 9 and 10.

Daviss: hi there bbenn!!

Seventies Soulchild: they may still be living Chaise.

bbenn: I just heard from him, I think that he has a presentation tomorrow morning. hi Daviss:}

Chaise: Possibly, it was just an interesting find since I've never heard anyone in my family mention their names.

alt: okay bbenn, I thought I saw his name in the program.

bbenn: I just compared the names in my family bible with the 1940 census. Very interesting! I wonder if the census taker used the bible to record the information?lol lol lol

AYWalton: the conference in Ohio looks like a good one!

Daviss: lol @ bbenn

AYWalton: bbenn, I saw your comparison, that was a great find!!

Seventies Soulchild: I saw that bbenn

bbenn: I have been invited to serve as a mystery speaker at the Livingston Parish Genealogy group next week. Won't they be surprised!:}

AYWalton: that is wonderful, bbenn!

Seventies Soulchild: Chaise, my 3rd great grandparents raised a grand nephew after the CW.

bbenn: Excuse me...next month

AYWalton: a mystery speaker---how does that work?

alt: I think it is going to be one of the best in recent years AYWalton ... good AA representation in Speakers and I hope the AA particiaption wil be likewsie.

bbenn: Wel, they know someone is coming..they just don't know who...this is a meeting where they are opening the new Library and guess who's coming to dinner?:}

Seventies Soulchild: :}

AYWalton: I will have to take note of when their next Call for Papers takes place!!

alt: sounds like an interesting concept

Seventies Soulchild: Someone posted on my facebook page for a call for papers, I believe it was ASALH

bbenn: This is an old Louisiana group in a community with a very small AA population dating back to the early1800's. My ancestors settled among the French and German's...

Daviss: have vkn edit this chat bben so the beans will not be spilled before you get there? lol

Seventies Soulchild: Livingston Parish, LA what is the county seat? Hi ProfDru

AYWalton: ProfDru is in the house!!

bbenn: Livingston, La. is the County seat.

Daviss: Hello ProfDru

ProfDru: hello gang

alt: Hello ProfDru

Chaise: Hello, ProfDru

bbenn: Yes, she should edit this post. I don't want them to know that I will be there talking about my landlol lol lol

Seventies Soulchild: OH.. lok

ProfDru: My 102 year old Aunt's funeral will be Saturday. We just had another in this family on last month.

bbenn: Hello ProfDru

Seventies Soulchild: Condolences ProfDru

bbenn: She lived a long life- condolences to you and the family.

Chaise: condolences to you on your loss.

ProfDru: Despite the circumstances, it will be good to see everyone. Funeral will be at the family church and burial at the family cemetery.

alt: yes ProfDru... condolences to you nad the family.

Seventies Soulchild: Absolutely. And expect a full house.

ProfDru: Thanks everyone. Now my two main sources of family history are gone. The other was my maternal grandmother.

bbenn: Did you have a chance to record her sharing family history?

ProfDru: I am so glad that I had an opportunity to get to know my Aunt Della and to record and write her memories of our family's history. She remembered one of her enslaved ancestors.

Seventies Soulchild: Ok ProfDru, I have a question.. I don't know if I mentioned it to you when I found out, but how in the world did you find my friend from NY? That has perplexed me since last summer.

ProfDru: which friend?

Seventies Soulchild: The Easters.

alt: well you have a lot of ground to cover in documenting her life ProfDru .. 102 years gets you back to before WW I, the depression & WW II... she saw so many changes in her life.

bbenn: ProfDru - that's wonderful and a memory for a lifetime.

alt: and then like you just mentioned she connects to even earlier generations in her oral history to you.. you're very fortunate to have had her in your life.

ProfDru: They are kin to me on the PAIR side. Their ancestor and my ancestor were brothers. Both brothers were born around the 1850/60s. I attended a reunion in their family branch and someone gave them my name and number and we talked on the phone and through Facebook.

Seventies Soulchild: ok I mean when they told me, I was completely caught off guard.. lol

alt: 6 degrees of separationin action Seventies Soulchild LOL LOL

Chaise: lol

ProfDru: alt, yes I am fortunate. She recalled that her paternal grandmother had 3 sets of children; two set born during slavery. I have found documentation on these three sets of children, but have not yet located any slave holding family. Aunt Della did not remember any mention of the name of the slave holding family of her grandmother.

Seventies Soulchild: lol lol right. Daviss is still looking to see how we're related! lol

ProfDru: so this weekend will be extremely busy with the funeral on Saturday and a hat program on Sunday.

Daviss: lol lol

Seventies Soulchild: Yes don't forget the V8 ProfDru! :}

ProfDru: lol soulchile

Seventies Soulchild: Funerals are very demanding.

ProfDru: I need to work on my speech for the hat program. I'm revising the one I gave in February.

alt: bbenn, I hope you can get Derek to speak to the records in OH/IN/MI that were genearted as a result of the Black Codes in those 3 States... lots & lots of records at the county levels from 1803 forward.

ProfDru: yes, funerals can be demanding. I plan to get to town early to see family and look through the family cemetery prior to the burial. Whoever is riding with me needs to get up early. LOL

Seventies Soulchild: Ok I have a couple things I wanted to work on during lunch. I'll see y'all later. Take care

ProfDru: gotta run

bbenn: alt,I will ask him.

Daviss: do you have pictures of the headstones oops she logged off

alt: I'm gonna try and just listen bbenn... I know I would have a lot of questions, but wouldn't want to interfere with his and your train of thought and flow of the program.

Daviss: do you mean for the radio blog alt?

alt: yes Daviss.. bbenn's program tomorrow night with Derek Davey on OH/MI records

Daviss: now you know questions are always welcome alt lol

bbenn: alt, if the opporunity opens up, please call in to ask your question. I will open the line in the second half of the show.

Daviss: besides one of your questions may not have been touched on in the convo

alt: no questions,,, just FYI's ... cause y'all know I have all of the answers LOL LOL LOL LOL

Daviss: lol lol alt

bbenn: lol lol lol alt, I just sent him your question...

alt: okay bbenn thanks

bbenn: I also asked him to say something about the underground railroad. I may also have a total show devoted to that topic...

Daviss: you should bbenn

alt: great!!! on the UGRR.. if you need an Ohio prespective I would love to particiapte.

bbenn: great! let's talk hey, I need someone from Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. Any recommendations?

Daviss: you have several conductors in your line don't you alt

alt: at your convenience bbenn ..

Daviss: scratching my head bbenn

alt: yes Daviss.... 3rd, 4th great-grandparents, a couple of uncles and a few cousins involved here in Ohio.

bbenn: wow!:}

alt: and they are all documented in the works of Wilber H. Siebert, an Ohio story Prof who did a lot of UGRR research from the late 1880's

bbenn: that's wondeful alt!

Chaise: yes, that is very great.

bbenn: got to run! nice chatting...bye

Daviss: later\

alt: guess I'd better skedaddle too..

Daviss: I have to set my clock for these blog radio shows

Chaise: yes, so should I.

Daviss: ok alt me too I guess later chaise and alt

Chaise: later, all

alt: later

Daviss: bye I gotta get AYWalton off the phone lol

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy