Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2012-03-20 TuesNiteChat

** Chats Lobby

Start: 21:12:36
End: 21:12:36
Chatters: Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: ejmpdap75 you can meet us in the TuesNite Chat room

*TuesNite

Start: 21:11:48
End: 22:29:24
Chatters: deannie, ejmpdap75, Sadonya, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, vkn

Selma: Good evening vkn

vkn: Heyyyyyyyy Selma How you be selma and you Seventies

Seventies Soulchild: Hello Selma and vkn

Selma: Evening seventies

vkn: so what is bi polar seventies LOL LOL

Seventies Soulchild: Hello Sadonya

Sadonya: hello Seventies Soulchild hello Selma hello cuzzie

vkn: Heyyyyyyyyyyy Sadonya

Seventies Soulchild: lol I was just too lazy to change my login from yesterday. Had to get in and out quickly today.

vkn: Seventies Soulchild what was the link you posted for uploading large files

Seventies Soulchild: That wasn't me vkn

vkn: oo-s my error

Selma: Evening Sadonya.. Evening ejmpdap75

Seventies Soulchild: hello ejmpdap75

Sadonya: hello ejmpdap75

Selma: 70's thank for the link to the Wanda Sykes article in the Times...

ejmpdap75: 3vening Selma

vkn: ejmpdap75 howdy

ejmpdap75: Howdy all!

Seventies Soulchild: Don't thank me thank Gwen Olson.. she posted it on Facebook. What a great story. I am curious as to how they got the info.

Selma: Alot of it is on Paul's site..

Seventies Soulchild: ok

Sadonya: ejmpdap75 is this your first visit to chat?

Selma: That is what he has there..families that are free beginning in the 1600's up to the 1810's..

Seventies Soulchild: 1683, I consider myself lucky to be able to go back to the 1700's

Selma: There are at least 3 folks in my group who research the Bank family in YOrk county

Seventies Soulchild: I went to his site and there is quite a bit of info on Free Africans in that area. She's from Portsmith, VA, right?

ejmpdap75: No Sadonya. My second visit

Seventies Soulchild: Portsmouth, sorry.

Sadonya: good to have you again did you have any questions?

Selma: This area is the the location for the earliest free black families What state and counties are you researching ejmpdap

vkn: ejmpdap75 how goes the research progress

Selma: Yes, I think the article said she is from Portsmouth

ejmpdap75: Trying to find Abraham McCray's date of death. Born in 1874 in MS. Emily, his wife, was married in the 1920 census. Widowed in 1930 census.

Sadonya: oh wow MS there info is not online

Seventies Soulchild: Wait, so he was alive in 1920?

Sadonya: the state archives has death index and records

vkn: Not even at Family search Sadonya

Sadonya: for a fee they will look for you no not even

Seventies Soulchild: Hold on one quick second. brb

ejmpdap75: Yes he was alive in 1920. Must have died between 1920 and 1930.

Sadonya: were any children born between 1920-1930?

Seventies Soulchild: oh then the odds are that MDAH will have that DC

Sadonya: MS is the only southern state that is not online

ejmpdap75: Last child born in 1909

Sadonya: oh then they will need to search the full 10 years

Seventies Soulchild: http://www.virtualgenealogy.info/data/msdeath/index.html This is a work in progress for transcription of death certificates in Mississippi. I'm not sure how far they've gotten yet, but my gg grandfather is listed on here and he died in 1917.

Selma: Are they doing it by "years"..seventies

Seventies Soulchild: They are saying that they working on transcribing the years 1912 - 1943 You can search by county, year, or surname

Selma: Got mighty quiet in here

Seventies Soulchild: Yea I thought y'all were off looking at the website.. lol

Selma: LOL

Seventies Soulchild: Alright, I know how much y'all love to talk about Mississippi on Tuesday nights. :}

Selma: Its ok seventies..

Seventies Soulchild: ejmpdap75, did you find anything that may be useful to you?

Sadonya: I can not get website to load

ejmpdap75: Not yet

Seventies Soulchild: Well keep it in your backpocket, hopefully more transcriptions will be uploaded.

ejmpdap75: thanks

Seventies Soulchild: You're welcome Anything new. Any roadblocks anyone is experiencing. Quick story, I came across someone from GA who also says that their family came from Mexico to GA and that they were kidnapped. According to their family oral history.

Sadonya: thats interesting

Seventies Soulchild: But there isn't any actual documentation of it as of 1870. Her family members were all born in GA

Sadonya: what time frame did that happen?

ejmpdap75: I can't bring up virtualgeneal

Sadonya: neither could I

Seventies Soulchild: She didn't say

Sadonya: Seventies Soulchild what is the full url? without the ...

Seventies Soulchild: Try here. http://www.virtualgenealogy.info/index.html http://www.virtualgenealogy.info/index.html virtualgenealogy.info/data/msdeath/index.html

Selma: When did his kidnapping take place seventies

Seventies Soulchild: The poster didn't say when, just before 1870 Actually during slavery

Selma: Folks I have to run..a Long Long day..have a good evening

Seventies Soulchild: I've been informed that one of my ancestors was a slave smuggled over the Mexican border (then likely Texas) and then sold at auction in the United States. My assumption is that he probably was "imported" from the Caribbean. Any suggestions on how to go about in verifying this story? I don't have a slaveowners name, only his surname (Carter) and that he was from Virginia. I figure if I can determine my ancestor's slaveowner's given name and place of residence, I can search for the bill of sale and see if it gives any further identifying information on my ancestor. Until then, I'm not sure how to solve this mystery. This is what was written in the group.

deannie: Hi all

Seventies Soulchild: Hello deannie

Sadonya: deannie hello

deannie: Hi Sadony, severties, vkn...good to see you back ejmpday75 No one's chatting.....

ejmpdap75: Good to be back, deannie

deannie: Have you been able to locate more information on the family

ejmpdap75: Found a little info on familysearch

deannie: That's a start...my new found cousin have found inform on family search that I could not find on Ancesty

ejmpdap75: Other than ancestry, where can I find death info?

Sadonya: onlinedeathindexes.com has every state

deannie: Mississippi do not put there death records on line...but my gen Society is are doing a index as we speak of Mississippi indexes....it should be finish in about 3 months.....

Sadonya: Seventies Soulchild shared this site with us http://www.virtualgenealogy.info/data/msdeath/index.html www.virtualgenealogy.info/data/msdeath/index.html

deannie: The room is slow tonight

Sadonya: yes not much going on

deannie: I see

Sadonya: how is your research any finds

deannie: It ok...I found a new cousin and his likes genealogy so I'm in pig heaven...how about yourself

Sadonya: I know that yes I have a few found a death cerificate I been looking for for the past 10 years

deannie: My cousin has help me with 3 mysteries and I think we will get along fine do tell

Sadonya: and 23andMe I found a new cousin wonderful

deannie: I saw that they are offering a free kit but I can not find the inform Did you like the test

Sadonya: right now its not free add you email address and they will inform you when they are again yes I connected with a lot of people I had a 3rd cousin take test also it matched us

deannie: ok I saw that so I will go back and put in my address

Sadonya: he is a cousin on my mother's father's mother's side so it gives a wider range of connections yes

deannie: do you know a lady name Marlene who does Louisiana research

Sadonya: not sure

deannie: one of her surname is Dausaburgh...I do not think I'm spelling it correct Also Melton...

Sadonya: what are you research states?

deannie: Mississippi, Louisiana, Missouri, Illinois, and you

Sadonya: Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma and California

deannie: Ok

Sadonya: but search the other states you mentioned and more I do research for others

deannie: oK....I help others if I can but I can't do it a job yet...lol

Sadonya: I hear you

deannie: But want I would to do is go to Illinois State Archives and get death and birth certificates...of others...because it cheaper to go to Springfield...I'm in Illinois

Sadonya: oh okay my 3rd cousin's grandfather moved there from CA and died there the Newberry in Chicago is great

deannie: But you can get certificate there...

Sadonya: I got it and found a newspaper article on him and he was featured in Time Magazine in 1939 he was an entertainer

deannie: Next I got to work my job schedules...yes I still work...so that I go to Springfield about every 2 months...the train rides is on 4 hr..and I will return on the late train

Sadonya: oh wow that is a ride I am 2 hrs form B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta, or Knoxville by car

deannie: It not the bad....I sleep most of the way...

Sadonya: I see

deannie: No, car...working on it I have a daughter in college so they have all my money....lol

Sadonya: I understand did you Ill folks come from AL?

deannie: No, that i know of my step grandfather was from Al...my daughter was born at Ft Rucker, Al

Sadonya: a lot of Al folks went to Chicago, Detroit or Gary

deannie: I was stationed there during the Desert Storm war...I was a Army Reservist called up to duty..I did not know I was pregenant until I were...

Seventies Soulchild: Exhausted. Good night all

Sadonya: oh wow night

deannie: My cousin is looking in to if any of our Bradley line comes for Alabama will I guess we have chat the nite away......go nite

Sadonya: you have a great week of research

deannie: yoy too'

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy