Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-12-18 Xmas Means What?

*SunMornBrnch

Start: 11:51:55
End: 12:46:01
Chatters: alt, Selma, vkn

alt: hello vkn, how are you doing today?

vkn: Mawnin dis Mawnin mister Alt

alt: what's keeping you busy? today?

vkn: No major complaints in fact doing rather well Mustering out of military is an interesting discussion

alt: good, I'm in the process of renewing memberships to genealogy & historical societies for nest year.

vkn: OUC$

alt: Yes it is.. more to it (mustering) than I thought. Ouc$ is right lol

vkn: Well we sure don't know everything about anything

alt: and that's the truth

vkn: Just spent morning reading research of bben grrrrrreat work

alt: BTW, how old is "snaggles' now? that's the cutest picture I've seen in quite some time.

vkn: and beautifully presented

alt: bben research? is there a link(s)

vkn: He is 5 and holds up a spreaded hand for verification

alt: hehehehehehe

vkn: His football team were champs he got a trophy but says he did not like all those guys piling on top of him

alt: what's your take on the FPOC forum and the 'criticism' of Paul Heinegg?

vkn: he is personality plus

alt: that's great... the football story..

vkn: Well I am both sides of that thread with the stitch from Tim. All info is valuable. It is the analysis and the threading that makes the difference if there is a difference

alt: you gotta love'em at that age, especailly when they are so outgoing. yeah, I was gonna respond to Tim's posting about all documents matter and 'community' research.

vkn: I recall my Genealogy society in Alabama requiring one to register a five generation pedigree chart for membership. Well where was the Black applicant in such an environment

alt: yes, a 5 genearion chart was a 'standard' requirement for most gen societies.. however much one had filled out.

vkn: So standards are guides and no more than that

alt: they do let the organization know 'where you are' and where you might need some help on your genealogy journey. and it is a 'record' of what you have done to a certain point in time.

vkn: Talking with a relative this morning who is determined that 1st cousins are actually half siblings

alt: that's interesting...

vkn: [ as in crazy] but why not ??? I not fighting with the lady. It is her call

alt: children of siblings being 1/2 siblings... Hmmn LOL

Selma: Good morning vkn and alt.. Is she claiming that they are both first cousins & half siblings..good grief how would that work

vkn: Her basis is common fathers different mothers where brothers have children

Selma: Oh OK... Do they know that..or is it a family secret?

vkn: It takes all notions I reckon

alt: I can see where that might be a scenario, but that is not what is thought of as siblings, whole or 1/2, & 1st cousins.

vkn: and this lady is an attorney

alt: no wonder she might think that way LOL LOL LOL I gotta stop clicking buttons lOL

vkn: oops welcome back

alt: ty do you have the Lil Darlin's ready for Santa Ms. Selma?

vkn: u must know these buttons by now. I will send you the bbenn documenrs

alt: okay thanks

vkn: She does interesting work coming from slavery period to the present

alt: Tims' post on documents matter.... I was gonna post my TP page with 100+ plus documents collected over time, but thought better of it.

vkn: Using wills and probate records intermingled with the slaveholder history

Selma: Just have one more that I have to pick something else up for...when you ask her she wants "Dora the Explorer Lip Gloss"...I bought her one a couple of months ago and she lost

alt: that's great.. intermingled they do tell a story. Oops, what do you expect grandma LOL

vkn: lol dora the explorer lol

Selma: Lip Gloss only costs $1.00..the others want more expensives stuff.. LOL

vkn: like ipads huh

alt: Oops... Ipads

Selma: they are now sitting down watching the Barney Christmas movie..we went to breakfast with some friends..they were well behaved..they know Santa is watching.. LOL

alt: better watch out, Santa is coming to town LOL LOL

vkn: lol lol lol stop abusing the darlings selma

Selma: I am not abusing them... LOL

alt: oh yeah... holding Santa over their heads is not 'abusing' LOL lOL

vkn: dangling santa to get good behavior lol

Selma: I think one of the teachers at daycare told her when kids weren't "good"..they got "sticks"...she has been on her best behavior for the past 2 weeks

alt: hehehehhehehe

vkn: lol lol lol

alt: that's great Selma... I wonder bout today's folks.... How can you take Christmas away from the youngsters, if you had Santa & christmas in your life?

Selma: They will know about the "real life" soon enough

vkn: Well guess a bit of hokey pokey never hurt anybody?

alt: yep, give them 'something' to believe in and learn from during the Holiday Season. IMHO LOL

vkn: when they start putting xpensive gadgets on the list then one can say without pause heyyyyyy the santa game is ended

Selma: LOL

alt: you got that right vkn and tell'em it's the season for 'giving' and not receiving

Selma: One Xmas I had my 2 oldest volunteer at the Salvation Army..they were in either HS or College..

alt: wonderful message there Selma

Selma: I thought they would be distributing gifts to kids..but in fact they were distributing gifts to adults who couldn't afford gifts for their kids..it was a real eye opener for them

vkn: great giving back lessons selma

alt: truly folks must be gtting into the 'spirit' today

Selma: Or going crazy.. LOL

alt: that too Selma

Selma: I am trying to pull out my Xmas decoration..I am so overwhelmed with genealogy stuff... Like my son said a couple of years ago..my your stuff has tumbled out of your office room Ma..your stuff

alt: I hear you bout being overwhelmed Selma... I can't seem to keep up with the things that matter because of all of the genealogy stuff & so cail media happenings.... New Years resolution.... slow down LOL lOL

Selma: Alt got my brother in law about book on History of Blacks in Golf.. Will tell you what he thought about it..

alt: I'll bet that makes for an interesting read Selma I never Golfed, but sure do 'member toting those bags LOL LOL

Selma: I usually get his "Redskins stuff", but he mentioned to my sister that it was enough Redskin stuff..I started to get him a Cowboy Sweatshirt

alt: aw shame on you LOL

Selma: He is a big golfer...think the Q's have a tournament in Florida

alt: I hear once you get the Golf 'bug' it's on ya... just like genealogy.

Selma: Oh yes it is addictive..there is a public golf course, up the street from their house.. ?

alt: don't think Anita would have gone for Golf AND Genealogy LOL LOL

Selma: Agreed alt..that would have just been TOO TOO Much...

alt: well guess it's time to 'cruise' the Forums and do some Surfin' later's y'all.

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy