Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-11-14 Victoria Robinson Returns

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:08:40
End: 13:37:11
Chatters: alt, Daviss, deannie, fierybug08, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, VicJoRob, vkn, whitefoster

alt: hey Daviss, what's up?

Daviss: hi alt, nothing up this way, how about with you?

alt: downer, Ohio State & the Browns both lost in the closing seconds of their ball games :(

Daviss: I am trying my best to stay ahead of this cold I did see a little of the Browns

alt: stay with the medication and don't lighten up just because you feel better.

Daviss: my Cards won bu the hair of their chinny chin chin glad the ball was intercepted lol

alt: those wins count too. LOL

Daviss: yep thats for sure

alt: how is your brother doing? better, I pray

Daviss: ASU should have won their game.. The kicker missed 3 field goals yes better thanks alt.

alt: good

Daviss: he is being pumped with antibotics and taking a battery of tests but better

alt: looking at the slavery & migratio maps on the DNA Tested AA FB page... some good stuff there. Well, let's hope they get to the bottom of his problem and have some solutions for him.

Daviss: me too alt I have not beed to the DNA page today been I am still waiting on my other brothers McDonald tests lol

alt: don't go there unless you have :a lot; of free time LOL

Daviss: lol lol alt

alt: Linda L. is keeping them 'honest' :)

Selma: Good afternoon alt and Daviss

alt: hello Ms. Selma. godd to see ya and how are ya?

Daviss: my daughter is a single parent and signed Tyler up for a Big Brother. When this Sandusky cra**p came up she called and got off the list

alt: godd=good

Daviss: Hi there selma

alt: Hello vkn, How be's ya?

Daviss: hello vkn!!!

vkn: hey hey hey alt daviss Selma

Selma: Afternoon vkn

vkn: How y'all be I bees good alt

Daviss: I am ok vkn thanks

Selma: The Sandusky thing is so, so Horrific

alt: Daviss, that's a good program, you just have to monitor the Big Brother and question TYler about the relationship. Don't let the Sandusky thing scare you away from a good relationship for your grandson.

vkn: Sandusky shows that peeps don't tell all so me thinks iceberg tio

Daviss: well he has and I know everyone is not like that.. We have always talked to our kids about dangers but.......

alt: I was in a program here.. Called Men Today, Men Tomorrow and the young man I had was in the th grade when we started.. Today he is a grad student at UNC Chapel Hill in a master's program for International Studies... it was one of the best things I ever did... the MT, MT program.

vkn: Sounds great alt

alt: 5th grade

Selma: Unfortunately this affair will have wide ranging impact on many "good" programs

alt: it sure will Selma.. and that's too bad.

Selma: It is, because so many kids need caring, responsible mentors

Daviss: yes I am sure it is great alt, and I know all men/women are not that pathetic but for now it is scaring folks right and left

alt: my 'guys' Mom just passed away this year and when he heard of her death I was the 1st person he called.... we still have a strong relationship.

Daviss: hello whitefoster

whitefoster: hello

Selma: Good afternoon whitefoster, welcome to the Lunchbunch chat

Seventies Soulchild: Good afternoon lunch bunchers!

vkn: Howdy whitefoster

Selma: Afternoon seventies

Daviss: hello seventies

alt: hello whitefoster & Seventies Soulchild

vkn: Howdy seventies

Daviss: welcome whitefoster!!

Seventies Soulchild: hi alt, Daviss, Selma vkn and whitefost@optonline.net! welcome!

alt: whitefoster is this April from the Forums?

Daviss: oh oh

vkn: Name too hot

Seventies Soulchild: Maybe they'll come back on with a shorter user name! lol

Daviss: how are you doing today seventies

Seventies Soulchild: I'm doing well Daviss.

vkn: heyyyyyyy deannie

alt: hello deannie... are you on vacation?

Daviss: hey deannie

Seventies Soulchild: deannie???

alt: darn, what's up? folks are in and out

vkn: search work you are posting seventies very tutorial

Seventies Soulchild: yes, trying to determine if Scott and Jack are brothers.

alt: yes it is vkn, Seventies Soulchild is doing a good job with her postings IMHO LOL Seventies Soulchild, your posts are instructive & inspirational.

Seventies Soulchild: I didn't want to be worrisome with the postings. But this Jack and Scott thing what an interesting case. Thanks alt Thanks vkn

alt: yw Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: So what are your thoughts on what I posted? Should I be looking for more??

Daviss: you are not worrisome seventies.. It makes people think and besides its good reading

Seventies Soulchild: I didn't include some info, just wanted to get the basic info out there.

vkn: ja velcom but all thanx to you seventies. It shows the real world of finding family.

alt: yes, I think you might also look for records of children and/or siblings of each that might 'tie' them together as siblings, or at least very close cousins (?).

Seventies Soulchild: the 1880 census shows the relationship of Mary Walker to the girls Nelly and Martha and another son John Martin. yes, was talking to my cousin Wendy about this and she'd never heard of any siblings of Scott Washington. But this puts things in a new light with the census records.

vkn: I smiled at the response from Regina and the name from nick to actual name

alt: no doubt that there is a 'close' kinship between the two men... might just have to take a 'leap of faith' until you find the document(s) that actually connects them.

Seventies Soulchild: What is interesting is that there was a Scott Walker in the 1870 household of Mary Walker. Then with the tax records from Wilkinson Co with them living in the same place.

Daviss: did they have a state census at all seventies? welcome vicjorob!

alt: hello VicJoRob

vkn: hayyyyyyyyyyyyyy Vicjorob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seventies Soulchild: Yes they do, but the years that I saw online, (haven't gone to Wilkinso Co yet) have slave era records only.

VicJoRob: Hey Ladies. how are you all?

Seventies Soulchild: hi vicjorob

vkn: loooooooooooooooooong time

Daviss: great here vicjorob

VicJoRob: I know its been ages, so busy at work. Sometimes we can't get access due to the firewall.

alt: can't speak for the 'ladies', but this 'guy' is doing fine VicJoRob LOL

Seventies Soulchild: aw that stinks.

vkn: wow wow wow

Seventies Soulchild: lol alt

Daviss: lol alt oops vkn wb vkn

Seventies Soulchild: Jimety Christmas.. I've been on here since about 2007 and I don't know VicJoRob... wow!

vkn: Are you in Chi town Vic

VicJoRob: I see Valencia and Selma/Helol to the "guy" as well That s/b hello

Daviss: tap my memory vicjorob what are your surnames lol

VicJoRob: Maternal: Gant, Potts, Goss, Winn/Wynn, Cook, Rucker [new],

vkn: Daviss you prolly not met vicjrob

alt: shhh vkn I'm in a witness protection program LOL

vkn: lol lol @ alt

VicJoRob: Paternal: Porter, Edwards, Kitchens, Robinson et al, Jack, Simmons

Daviss: well just in case i have not, nice to meet ya vicjorob!

fierybug08: hello everyone. Virtual wave to Daviss vkn VicJoRob Seventies alt Selma

VicJoRob: Nice to meet you as well. What are your surnames?

alt: Gant... would that include the Nelson Gant from Zanesville, Ohio.

vkn: Selma stepped out for a few

Daviss: hello fierybug08!

VicJoRob: Yep, NT Gant is my 3g grandfather

vkn: Howdy fiery

alt: Hello fierybug08

VicJoRob: Hello fiery

Seventies Soulchild: heeyyyyy Fierybug08

VicJoRob: So Alt, how do you know about Nelson Gant?

Seventies Soulchild: One more month I'll be in D.C. :}

fierybug08: hi VicJoRob....Rucker surname...whereabouts?

vkn: What a refresher vic

fierybug08: hey seventies...I'll be here lol

Seventies Soulchild: I'm so excited... lol

alt: I have folk in Zanesville, plus I study the area VicJoRob

vkn: Daviss it is VicjoRob who coined the term AfriGeneas

VicJoRob: Just found my 2g grandmother's maiden name= Ollie Rucker married Ed Cook in Sherman, Texas. She was born in Missouri but possibly Mississippi

fierybug08: Well...cool beans

vkn: Seventies wassup in DC

fierybug08: pleasure to meet you VicJoRob

VicJoRob: ALT, cool! I have a lot on Nelson but am working on his wife Anna Maria Hughes

Daviss: well I'll be!!! very nice coin

VicJoRob: Vkn-how have you been doing? Still in Alabama?

alt: okay VicJoRob, does she have an Ohio background also?

fierybug08: BRB...grabs a Pepsi

vkn: Now in Georgia Victoria

Daviss: lol @fiery

VicJoRob: ALT-Anna Maria was the wife that Nelson stole out of slavery, and with whom he eventually settled in Zanesville. Both were out of Loudoun County VA.

Seventies Soulchild: hey look caffeine is now good for you.. quit laughing Daviss.. lol

VicJoRob: VKN-are you liking it out there? What part?

Daviss: seventies is that DC trip a vac or research trip

Seventies Soulchild: vacation/research/vacation... lol I will be going to MS again this summer with my boys for the same reason

Daviss: in that order seventies

fierybug08: mission accomplished...i'm back with my Pepsi

Seventies Soulchild: probably so.. lol

VicJoRob: 70s-where will you be doing research while in DC?

Seventies Soulchild: I have to get my list of to-dos and lookups together. I don't want to be fooling around all day with the archives.

Daviss: lol lol but you will spend all day there won't you?

VicJoRob: 70s-If you are looking for a lunch partner one day, give me a holler. I work down the street.

alt: good move Seventies Soulchild ... advance work, no need to look for sumpin' in DC that you can find online, unless you're after an 'actual' hardcopy of a document.

VicJoRob: Don't forget the repository of City Directories at the Library of Congress

vkn: That will great for the two of you to connect VicJoRob Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: Probably so knowing my luck Daviss... :| Hold on writing it down now....

vkn: what are you doing these days VicJoRob

Daviss: well you know how jealous I am seventies about not being cose to any archives etc

Seventies Soulchild: OK where exactly is the LOC??

alt: I have a simple question for y'all..... as you separate generations, what is your usual time frame 20-25 years?

fierybug08: Can you search city directories is at the library of congress- or is there an online way w/out charging?

VicJoRob: Near the capital

vkn: Angela will regret not seeing you VicJoRob

Seventies Soulchild: Fierybug08, ancestry has city directories, BUT only a limited number

VicJoRob: Fiery-I don't know. Vkn-where is Angela?

fierybug08: hmmm...

Seventies Soulchild: Daviss, I'm in NY and like 4 hrs away from D.C.

Daviss: and lol

fierybug08: wow...seventies

deannie: Afternoon lunch bunch.....

Seventies Soulchild: I'm taking the megabus down though.

fierybug08: i didn't know you were so close to me...i'm in northern baltimore county

Seventies Soulchild: Hi deannie

alt: wb deannie.. I asked.. are you on vacation?

deannie: Yeah boy

fierybug08: hi deannie

Seventies Soulchild: lol

Daviss: hello deannie!!

VicJoRob: Megabus is a great deal

vkn: She is retired now VicJoRob but doing genealogy full time

fierybug08: i need to read up on Megabus. I see BoltBus all the time near the metro.

VicJoRob: vkn- Lucky duck -- retired and doing genealogy full time

deannie: i Have schedule my days.....today is stay in clean day...

Seventies Soulchild: It really is... I was taking the amtrak down, but that's just way too costly at this time of the year

VicJoRob: Fiery- you in DC too?

fierybug08: i may need to look into that yep...sorta of. I work in DC and live in MD

VicJoRob: I work in DC and live in VA

deannie: I heard Megabus is good...from Chicago to Memphis $20 round trip

VicJoRob: Are you a fed?

fierybug08: ohh...that traffic is a hot mess VicJoRob nope...private non-profit.

Seventies Soulchild: Ok folks you all can contact me at seventiessoulchild @t yahoo.com It would be great to meet up with people in D.C.

VicJoRob: No traffic woes for me -- Dash bus from home to Metro and then Metro straight into work

Seventies Soulchild: My tentative plan is to be in D.C. from 26 Dec to 2 Jan

VicJoRob: 70s-will do. my e-mail is vicjorob @t msn.com

fierybug08: good....i drive to airport (20mins)...hop on train to dc

vkn: A DC Kwanzza huh Seventies Soulchild

Seventies Soulchild: yes.

VicJoRob: DC Kwanzaa :}

deannie: I go back to work Dec 27.....

VicJoRob: Wow! loooooong break!

Seventies Soulchild: I would normally do the same, but I'm using part of my vacation time.

alt: wow deannie,, that long.... they'll have to re-train you when you get back to work LOL

deannie: No, I have another week in Dec 17-26

VicJoRob: fierybug08 - sounds like your commute is longer than mine. Is your office downtown?

Seventies Soulchild: oh the week before Christmas, huh?

fierybug08: yeah...near the Verizon Center. But not too bad.

VicJoRob: fierybug08 Oooh, ever eat at Rosa Mexicana?

fierybug08: absolutely my favorite!!!! It is hard to find good Mexican

deannie: yes...everyone at work Supervisor will all on vacation lol ......I do a lot of research and coping during this time

fierybug08: I hear a lunch meetup...lol

Seventies Soulchild: coping, :} Well y'all could wait for me.. lol

Daviss: deannie any luck at Newberry

fierybug08: oh...seventies...send me an email fierybug08@gmail.com

vkn: I left Alabama in 2005 Vicjorob

fierybug08: I'll have to make reservations.

VicJoRob: Turning to genealogy -- just found marriage records in Grayson County TX for my great grandmother and her parents. Finally got a maiden name and now have discovered 2g grandmother may have been white and left to join the colored community.

deannie: That's schedule for Friday.....all day.....

Seventies Soulchild: interesting...

deannie: Great find....

vkn: Congrats VicJoRob

VicJoRob: fierybug08 Seventies Soulchild - meetup heck yes. Let me know and I'll hop the metrol

Daviss: what name is that vicjorob and Congrats

Seventies Soulchild: Now I won't be down until the week of Kwanzaa. brb

fierybug08: great find vicjorob

Daviss: I don't search Grayson but do search a couple counties in Tx

VicJoRob: Ollie Rucker married Ed Cook 1879; daughter Edna Cook married John Hamilton Wynn1903, and daughter Annie Cook married Richard Salters 1900 It appears that familysearch now includes indexed marriages for most of TX from 1800 to 1973

Daviss: any ariz Ruckers cicjorob?

vkn: Familysearch is a smart tool

VicJoRob: I found them first on Archives.com and then checked Familysearch

Daviss: oops i mean vicjorob

alt: is that right VicJoRob, guess I'll do some lookups for Clement in Lamar, I think.

fierybug08: wow

Daviss: wb selma

vkn: Howdy selma and wb

alt: wb Selma

VicJoRob: Daviss - I am really new to the Ruckers but only have the father Edmund Terrell Rucker and mother Melinda and brother John

vkn: Selma meet your old friend VicJoRob

Selma: Hello..vicjrobo

VicJoRob: Selma- still down in Hampton Roads area?

Selma: Did you have another name then? Yep..still in HR

vkn: Victoria Robinson lol

VicJoRob: Still Victoria -- used to be victori997

Selma: Oh OK...

Daviss: wb deannie

Selma: Meant HR

alt: oh, now I remember our converstaions about Gant & Zaneville... and you were at the Lett Settlement reunion one year, right?

vkn: Deb in VA is also still around VicJoRob Cuffy that is

VicJoRob: alt -- Yes I was. What is your first name? vkn -- How is Deb doing? Retired or still working for the Navy?

alt: Art VicJoRob

VicJoRob: vkn Does she still go by DebInVA?

vkn: She is still working and doing SC trying to renew the SC page for AfriGeneas Vic

Selma: Still working

VicJoRob: alt - I think I remember you but without a face . . . you know how it is with old age . . .

vkn: Yes but she uses DRC as an initial

alt: yes I do VicJoRob .. and I have a 'forgettable face' LOL

Daviss: HA!!!

vkn: Watch it with the old age stuff Vic

Daviss: I had to comment lol lol

vkn: lol

Selma: Were you taking a break from researching VicjoRob

VicJoRob: alt lol lol lol

vkn: VicJoRob any contacts with Saundra Brown

VicJoRob: Selma -- No, wasn't taking a break. Actually doing a lot but just wasn't on Afrigeneas much. In my 2oth year volunteering every Saturday at the Annandale FHC

alt: Wow!!!!! that's great VicJoRob

Selma: Well glad you are back to AfriGeneas...our FHC is now taking orders on the internet

VicJoRob: vkn -- no, have not seen Saundra. Selma -- so is ours. We were among the last. But the films are rolling in.

Selma: Have to run folks..great to see you VicJo. See you all tomorrow..

alt: VicJoRob, in 20 years.. I'll bet you've seen a tremendous increase by AA researchers.

vkn: We also chat on Tues and Sat evening and Sunday morn vicj

alt: aaaaat the FHC

vkn: to see your research posted on the boards here VicJ Laugh at the response posted as response

Daviss: oh vkn lol

vkn: I said thats da lady who wrote da how2 lol

VicJoRob: Actually, I have seen a small increase of AA researchers coming in. Seems many don't realize that FHC can be great resources. Makes me wonder whether folks are being told that there isn't much for them there. I know I was told that 20+ years ago.

vkn: deannie is with the Chicago group Vicj

deannie: my wifi internet is going crazy this morning yes

VicJoRob: vkn -- I'm not sure I understand? vkn -- Wow! is Crystal Simmons still with you all?

Daviss: mabe they think everyting is on the net

vkn: Sometimes Crystal pops in

alt: I can believe that VicJoRob, our folks will take 'word of mouth' anytime over checking it out for themselves ...

deannie: ditto

VicJoRob: Daviss -- And they couldn't be more wrong. County resources are the best for AA research

vkn: and so does Lynda Matthews Vic

VicJoRob: vkn -- I'm going to have to use my iphone to check in for the lunchbunch

Daviss: I agree vicjorob

alt: exactly, that's where the records are @ the county level.

Seventies Soulchild: yep the BEST records... imo

vkn: True that Seventies

Daviss: thats what Witcher was saying this weekend

VicJoRob: Its those pesky indexes of the 70s and 80s that ignored non-white records. But state archives are making up for it with digitization

Daviss: Ancestry picks from the low hanging fruit

deannie: A little of the new coming to our group have never gone to their county....

Daviss: the goodies are higher up

deannie: little=lot

VicJoRob: Low hanging fruit is good to get one started but those plums up high will keep you coming back.

Daviss: yep!

deannie: great saying

Seventies Soulchild: Ancestry, yep I let my subscription expire.. family search is GREAT!

vkn: It certainly is but I am too scared to give up ancestry seventies

VicJoRob: I almost let my Ancestry expire but I still have it, particularly after I learned how to manipulate the search function so that I don't get the kitchen sink as much. Has anyone used mocavo.com?

Seventies Soulchild: yes, but its still not as good as google. IMO

Daviss: I have but all I see for my search there is what I put in lol lol

vkn: I use mocavo from time to time but I find it unwieldy

VicJoRob: I love mocavo.com. It has helped me when I am dealing with surnmaes such as Kitchens, Dancers, Jack, Cook, etc.

Seventies Soulchild: yes they can improve their functions. I only use it to search for myself... lol

VicJoRob: Daviss -- I know what you mean. I get a lot of those. However it is good to see queries you put out more than a decade ago and find a response that you failed to follow up on.

vkn: We need you to do us a session here Vicjrob

Daviss: My play brother is Howard Dancer lol

VicJoRob: Seventies Soulchild lol

Seventies Soulchild: Oh speaking of... Any news on those Garys Daviss???

VicJoRob: Daviss - where is he from? SE Texas/SW Arkansas?

Daviss: nada nada seventies I believe he may be from texas. I think mabe texas because he goes to dallas every year

Seventies Soulchild: ugh... I think that they moved to the midwest St. Louis and such.

Daviss: i can find out on sat at our gen meet if he is there

Seventies Soulchild: I know that Mary Gary did... don't laugh.. lol

Daviss: lol lol

VicJoRob: Daviss -- Hmmmmm. Might be a connection. Check to see if he could have a great something grandfather named John Dancer

Daviss: will do vicjorob

Seventies Soulchild: Mary ended up with her mother Carrie in STL.... where Mary ended up living until she died. Quit laughing Daviss!!! lol lol lol

Daviss: ok i will

vkn: VicjoRob lets catch up on landline 4043447177 or iphone 7706173383

Seventies Soulchild: Oh yeah, vicjorob, vkn has an iphone 4s.... fancy fancy! :}

VicJoRob: Daviss -- google john dancer which should take you to an old rootsweb query of mine that lists the Dancers of Columbia County Arkansas, some of whom moved to Texarkana.

vkn: lol

VicJoRob: vkn -- okay, my iphone is 7033147972

Daviss: ok thanks for that vicjorob and will pass that info on to them

vkn: wb alt

Daviss: wb alt

vkn: gotcha

alt: thanks. got back in just in time to say bye y'all

Seventies Soulchild: vkn, well need to talk as well.

vkn: 2 b sure seventies

Seventies Soulchild: regarding blogtalkradio

VicJoRob: oh duh, just figured out what wb means.

Seventies Soulchild: have a great day alt

VicJoRob: Ditto to alt

Daviss: have a great rest of the day alt deannie any luck at Newberry

vkn: Niters all

Daviss: me too

deannie: I'm going friday...I jump the gun on my vacation days...I'm on vacation with week...first dy is today

VicJoRob: Gotta go as well. 70s-e-mail me when you just before you come down. Let's meet for lunch.

Daviss: lol well good luck to you my friend

Seventies Soulchild: Ok will do...

deannie: thanks

Daviss: bye yalll

Seventies Soulchild: ok that was quick! lol

deannie: will have a great day 70's

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy