Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-08-13 New Chat Room

** Chats Lobby

Start: 22:12:38
End: 22:12:38
Chatters: alicemsykes@gmail.com

alicemsykes@gmail.com: Good evening, good people! pardon my tardiness...

*SatNiteChat

Start: 21:09:00
End: 22:59:48
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alicemsykes@gmail.com, Ancestors_Child, AYWalton, bearnut2, deannie, Ingrid_Doweary, jhonora, keli1, Selma, vkn

3rdthawkins: WOW, I'm scared!! lol nice layout vkn

vkn: Thanx just reviewing the changes lots of new stuff

3rdthawkins: yeah, I'm checking them out, Now, is this gonna fix the copy/paste thing? :}

vkn: I was reading the add-on chat boards and CP still seems to be a problem

3rdthawkins: yeah, it's definitely a java issue hey jhonora

jhonora: Hello vkn, 3rdthawkins!

vkn: Good evening jhonora and welcome to the updated chatroom

jhonora: It looks very modern lol

vkn: mod we be lol jhonora did you get email re dellavalde spelling is not good

jhonora: I haven't gotten anything yet.

AYWalton: Good evening, all hi 3rd

jhonora: Hey AYWalton!

vkn: Welcome to the new room AYWalton

AYWalton: greetings, VKN! good to see you, jhonora!

jhonora: Same here!

AYWalton: has my screen changed? Or is there a slight change in the fonts and layout, vkn?

3rdthawkins: vkn, at first I thought something was wrong with my cpu when I came to the sign in screen, then I realize you must have done some decoration

vkn: lol 3rd. It is all new ayw just learning & testing new layout

AYWalton: Has a nice fresh look for sure. good to change things around from time to time!

vkn: indeed

3rdthawkins: it looked too nice for it to be my cpu doing something

AYWalton: how are you doing tonight, jhonora?

jhonora: Do you all know of a good software for notetaking? I would something in which I can type and search little tidbits and info found that won't immediately go into anything else

vkn: copy paste seems to still be broken

jhonora: Doing good, AY, glad it's a bit cooler here than earlier

AYWalton: what do you mean for note taking, jhonora?

3rdthawkins: I use sticky notes jhonora, and note/wordpad, that's it, and I mean on the computer

AYWalton: http://tinyurl.com/3m4hox7 it works, vkn!

vkn: Do you not have a text editor jhonora

AYWalton: I just tried a random link that I copied from Twitter.

vkn: ahhhhh thanx ayw

AYWalton: I got a question asking if I wanted the screen to allow the app. I said yes, and there it was. trying again.....

jhonora: Well, many times when researching I find random info that may benefit others or is just interesting, and would like to keep it organized, other than just typing in word

vkn: ok

3rdthawkins: right, completely understand

AYWalton: http://www.restoretheancestors.com/

vkn: very good ayw thankee thankee

AYWalton: when you type in the ControlV then the pop up screen comes on asking if you want to allow what was copied onto the clipboard. I typed ok and there it was. so hurray----it works!!!

vkn: good to learn. Thanx AYW

AYWalton: jhonora, not sure what might work, other than Word.

3rdthawkins: sticky note is a little better, if you have it installed on your computer

jhonora: I have the OneNote program but it is very cluttered - too many things to click

3rdthawkins: yeah, Word may be the only best thing

AYWalton: or just bookmarking a good site when you come upon it. Who just came in?

jhonora: I will look into sticky note, 3rd

AYWalton: I heard the welcome voice.

vkn: Howdy Deannie welcome to the updated room

AYWalton: ahhh there she is---greetings, deannie!

deannie: Hi...I was a little lost with the new format....I like it Just great...our society will be holding our annual picnic tomorrow…..what about you

AYWalton: doing well. Our group had our picnic in June. Thank goodness we are having lots of rain right now.

deannie: It's raining here also

3rdthawkins: um, yeah, good, but went to my nephews football practice today and got drenched

vkn: how is the new project with Mr. Diggs AYW

3rdthawkins: I do like the cooler air though

AYWalton: on going.

vkn: great you are in that board, right ayw

AYWalton: He hopes to have a cruise to raise funds for the new building. The cruise will take place in January. Yes, I serve on his board. He has so many irons in the fire. I have no idea how he keeps up with everything. He is a busy man!

vkn: I understand that lol

AYWalton: so vkn, have you had a chance to view The Help as yet? I have not yet seen it. Lots of chatter about it on the net, though. Folks are all over the place in terms of their take on it.

vkn: I have it on my iPad but not read as yet bought two copies for community room in my living place

AYWalton: I did read the book and thought it was an interesting read.

vkn: Interesting reviews

AYWalton: Will check out the film soon, though I am never one to rush to see the latest movie. plus few movies adapt a story well from a book.

vkn: i dont do movies

AYWalton: I understand. I seldom go to the movie theatre myself. I see on the average of 1 or less per year. lol that's pretty low.

vkn: Our parents never allowed us to go and sit in buzzard's roost

AYWalton: I did see one last year---but can't remember what it was. I fully understand that.

vkn: maybe we might do s few chats re the book ayw Did 3rd or jhonora read the help did you read deannie

AYWalton: I know that ProfDru has read it, not sure if Selma has or not. But she is a reader, so quite possibly she may have. Ahhh she heard me mention her name.

deannie: no I tried to get it on my ereader but i have to wait a minute Hi Selma

AYWalton: what kind of ereader do you have, deannie?

vkn: i got it for under 10.00 deannie

deannie: Paraditigal...

vkn: Selma did you read the help as yet

AYWalton: is that the brand name, deannie?

deannie: yes

Selma: Evenng folks

AYWalton: I am thinking of getting The Nook. Howdy Ms. Selma.

vkn: get the ipad ayw

AYWalton: I know the IPAD is cool to have. I was also considering the Color Interface NOOK. has the screen size (almost) of the Ipad. so not sure, yet.

vkn: ohhh ok

AYWalton: the Ipad does everything, though. and that is a temptation. The color interface NOOK is much cheaper, though.

vkn: it does plus productivity

deannie: i like my...it color, has email, audio. music.......it bought it on sale...

AYWalton: Plus I don't really have a MAC orientation I am PC kinda gal. (of course MAC users tell me that they are soooo easy.)

vkn: but it will be soooooo easy for you ayw

AYWalton: and you know me,vkn (be quiet, Clint!!!) lol

vkn: lol lol lol

AYWalton: (I hear him fussing right now!) lol

vkn: deed he be fussing

AYWalton: OOops, knocked myself out of the room. So Selma, have you read or seen The Help?

Selma: No to either question

vkn: howdy ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey 3rd, AYWalton, Deannie, Jhonora, Selma and Vkn.

AYWalton: hope you are doing well, Ingrid.

deannie: Hi Ingrid

vkn: ingrid did you read the help

AYWalton: howdy keli1 ! hope you are well this evening!!!

Ingrid_Doweary: I'm okay. Just returned from York, PA in the sticks. No VKN, I have not read it. Hey Keli1

AYWalton: I guess many folks are just getting around to either reading the book or seeing the film. Keli1, we were checking to see who had read The Help, or seen the film. (or both)

keli1: I saw the film today and reading the book now

AYWalton: ahhhh ok.

Ingrid_Doweary: Haven't seen it either.

AYWalton: I have read the book and am yet to see the film.

keli1: I thought they did a good job

vkn: did you blog about it ayw i know dru did

Ingrid_Doweary: I'll have to add those to my to do list.

AYWalton: I have been following remarks on Twitter---two groups on Twitter and interesting reactions. I will be. I have my own family HELP story.

Ingrid_Doweary: You have, AY?

AYWalton: If you recall back in 1960-something, when LBJ's daughter got married to Charles Robb---the family flew his nanny out to the wedding. Well the nanny/maid was my grandmother's niece. Cousin Susie.

jhonora: I have a few short stories from family also

keli1: actually I thought it was excellent, the relationships, etc, my grandma raised 5 kids as a widow and maid

AYWalton: she was even interviewed on one of the new programs.

Ingrid_Doweary: That's commendable.

AYWalton: We got calls from the cousins to watch the news that night--cousin Susie was going to be on TV. and those were the days when we were never on TV.

jhonora: Well, my grandmother was a domestic for awhile as was her mother.

AYWalton: I will probably blog about her.

keli1: That will be a great read AY

AYWalton: jhonora did you ever hear stories about the families they worked for? her being flown for the White House Wedding was even mentioned in her funeral program. I never met this cousin, but my grandmother knew her and her mother.

jhonora: A few but none really remarkable. My grandmother always talks about the woman who invited her to use an old mayonaise jar to drink water.

AYWalton: isn't that interesting. One of those stories---needs to be told, though. Keli1 did you like the film?

keli1: yes I very much liked the filn I actually loved it, women just don't realize the strengths they have

AYWalton: quite true.

3rdthawkins: hello Ingrid and Keli and Selma

Ingrid_Doweary: What were some of the strengths, Keli1?

AYWalton: jhonora did your grandmother use the mayonaise jar? or wait till she got home to drink water?

keli1: for one I saw this film about the relationships, the support the ladies gave to each other (Black women)

jhonora: No, the next week she brought four different examples of her best glasses and said "See, I have just what you have if not better." She left soon after.

AYWalton: jhonora---that is a great story!!!! you have to tell that!!! how did the boss lady respond?

keli1: love it, you need to tell the story

AYWalton: these indignities have been kept secret so long-------it is time they were told!

keli1: the film was about telling the story.. tell the story jhonora

vkn: great story

AYWalton: vkn did you see the scathing review that the Black Women Historians wrote about the film?

Ingrid_Doweary: The women of African descent developed their own support network?

AYWalton: jhonora---do those glasses still exist in the family?

vkn: not as yet

keli1: was it positive or negatives

jhonora: No, they don't AY. There was also the very 'religious' lady who would watch Mass on tv. If there were a black deacon or priest assisting in the service, she would say "What does he think he's doing up there?" Needless to say my grandmother answered her and left also.

AYWalton: it was really interesting---they were upset declaring that mammy had been resurrected. jhonora----these are great stories!!! Tell them!!!!!!

vkn: lol i will search and read ayw

keli1: ditto AY

AYWalton: I will find the link for you, hold on. http://tinyurl.com/3l33nl3 it is the Association of Black Women Historians. They are livid.

vkn: wondeful and thanx

AYWalton: this their official statement here: http://www.abwh.org/images/pdf/TheHelp-Statement.pdf

jhonora: A great story that needs to be told are those of black men who were formally labeled "chauffeurs," or "valets," or "butlers," who were actually close confidants and advisors/secretaries to the great they worked for.

AYWalton: I think they meant well, but they have missed the boat this time. all of those stories need to be told.

keli1: you know they need to shut their mouths..we know it was even worst than what was depicted on tv, who are we kidding

AYWalton: exactly---far worse.

vkn: agreed they need to be told

AYWalton: I have been following folks on two Twitter groups. Keli1 you need to check out these 2 hastag groups #TheHelp and #TheHelpMovie.

keli1: yes all the stories need to be told, but when they are Blacks are the first to criticize, what they said has no merit

AYWalton: they are rolling by so fast.

keli1: I am not giving them my energy, this story needed to come out, we need more we know it

AYWalton: that is what is so bizarre. Some are saying it is just another white person gonna save the black folks story. The historian folks are saying they don't recognize the black folks in the movie---well I do. I know many of them. We all do. And I just l

vkn: Keli Lynda Matthews was applauding the plantation work you are doing and the RG 195 work you are doing Selma

AYWalton: I just learned---I have not seen it yet---that Cicely Tyson is in the film.

keli1: That is nice, I am not familiar with her, but appreciate the compliment

3rdthawkins: I love movies like that, especially when they are about the past/history, stories do need to be told, and I always think about my dad and his siblings and their story whenever the trailer for that movie comes on....THAT story needs to be told one way or another

Ingrid_Doweary: So the women of African descent who worked as domestics developed their own support network?

keli1: I was familiar with the actresses. another thing the movie was full, there were 8 blacks in the movie, the rest was white ditto 3rd

AYWalton: you know that is what I have heard and read on Twitter all day. TONS of whites are flocking to see the film. many of them are tearful, whereas many African Americans leave smiling.

keli1: yes, you know the older ones were raised by these women, but might now known of how they were really treated, or thought it was going to be more positive I teared up and laughed

vkn: lol @ ayw

keli1: woman period developed their own support networks

Ingrid_Doweary: okay, thanks.

AYWalton: hello there, bearnut2

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Bearnut2.

vkn: howdy bearnut

jhonora: Hello bearnut2

bearnut2: Hi everybody! How are you all tonight?

deannie: hi bearnut2

Ingrid_Doweary: I'm good. How are you?

vkn: we be talking 'bout the help bearnut2

3rdthawkins: hello bearnut

keli1: Hi bearnut

bearnut2: I really want to go see it... I've just now heard about all the "controversy" surrounding it

keli1: I am so sorry that it has now become a "mess" and simply not a good movie telling a story

bearnut2: me too keli1

3rdthawkins: with all the other movies coming out, redos/remakes/updated, orginals, and "other" kinds of based on true story movies, I almost thought those kind of movies were played out. In this da and age we are still coming out with these kind of movies, but I'm glad to see more, I was left with, "What happened to those movies?" Stories need to be told, and if we're still telling it today, then so be it

vkn: howdy alice

3rdthawkins: i didn't realizze there was a controversy

bearnut2: hi alice

AYWalton: Well anything that makes people uncomfortable is like that.

keli1: we are our own worst enemy and that is whyy we are still in the situations we are in, we keep ourselves down, I celebrate the story

3rdthawkins: hello alicemsykes

deannie: Hi Alice

AYWalton: I know that some who had maids are uncomfortable and wondering how they or their mothers treated "the help".

keli1: to me it was not a put down or anything, I am sure the women have done more that was not told

alicemsykes@gmail.com: Hey there everyone - especially vkn!!!!

AYWalton: and I guess the Asso of Black Women historians are uncomfortable that women were maids.

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Alicemsykes

AYWalton: hello alicemsykes@gmail.com

keli1: exactly they will feel bad, but for others who didn't have it, why are they mad

vkn: ahhhhhhh alice sykes !!!!!!

keli1: Hi Alice

vkn: Looooong time Alice

3rdthawkins: hello Ancestors_Child

bearnut2: Hi Ancestors_Chile

Ancestors_Child: Hello all

keli1: Hi Ancestors

Ingrid_Doweary: Hey Ancestors_Child.

vkn: Howdy Ancestors

bearnut2: oops--Child lol

AYWalton: hello Ancestors_Child.

alicemsykes@gmail.com: Undoubtedly vkn - why did I have a feeling "the help" would be the topic - LOL

AYWalton: welcome lol

vkn: lol lol

AYWalton: good guess, alicmsykes.

Ingrid_Doweary: Welcome. I like your label Ancestors_Child .

keli1: lol

Ancestors_Child: Thank you.

bearnut2: so how many of you have seen it?

keli1: I have

Ancestors_Child: I have not see The Help yet.

AYWalton: I have read the book, but not yet seen the film.

3rdthawkins: well, of course, people are going to find something to pick at and complain about.......Joel Osteen been criticized by Christians because he smiles too much.....Eli Manning been criticized by sportswriters because his attitude wasn't that of other players when their team lost.....so complaints and things are gonna come, no matter what, no matter how small or stupid or petty they are

vkn: Have you read it Alyce and what about you ancestors

alicemsykes@gmail.com: read the book -but think I'll wait for the DVD. Couldn't get past the inaccurate AA vernacular - woondered who was editing????

Ancestors_Child: Keli1 Hi this is Andrea. :0)

keli1: HI there!

vkn: Howdy Andrea Ancestors

Ancestors_Child: Hello VKN

vkn: Many of our family members were 'domestics'

keli1: that is forsure and proud of it, dealth with it, etc Andrea, where are you living?

vkn: and as jhonora said many males were confidants

Ingrid_Doweary: Many of our family members were.

Ancestors_Child: At home w/Ma same place Naylor

3rdthawkins: I do have a couple, my 3rd grgm was a maid/cook, her daughter an assistant cook, that daughter went on and continued to work domestically until her death, even her husband worked domestically also

jhonora: My gg-uncle and his son were the Executive Messengers to nine different administrations of Wisc. governors.

keli1: tell her hello! did you see the movie yet?

Ancestors_Child: Haven't seen the movie yet, but plan on it soon.

bearnut2: wow! thats pretty cool jhonora

AYWalton: My gr. gr. grandmother Amanda Young worked for Col. Faulkner--called sometimes, the Little Colonel---anyway Faulkner was the father of William Faulkner the writer.

keli1: She will love it...

AYWalton: wow jhonora, up in Wisconsin, no less. Interesting.

keli1: How is your Parrish research coming along?

vkn: oh really ayw wow

jhonora: That is cool, AY! Did she have any stories about lil'William?

3rdthawkins: my older sibling's great grandparents worked domestically, they lived in the folks' home with their children

Ingrid_Doweary: From the trailer, I initially had the impression that the black women were being exploited.

keli1: wonderful AY...another story to tell

AYWalton: true, keli1.

vkn: Ingrid exploitation takes on many forms

Ingrid_Doweary: So I stand corrected for which I have not seen the movie or read the book.

Ancestors_Child: My Parrishes are coming along great, I've found a lot on them in the last year and found cousins I didn't know existed. Just would like to find pictures of my GGrandparents. A cousin shared a pic of my GG Grandparents, so that was awesome.

Ingrid_Doweary: Indeed it does, Vkn.

AYWalton: keli1 did you know that the woman who played Hilly in the movie is Ron Howard's daughter. (Opie from Mayberry)

jhonora: AY, did she have any stories about the Colonel and lil'William? lol

alicemsykes@gmail.com: seems like our folks worked for some pretty influential /powerful folks...

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes, Dallas Bryce Howard.

keli1: yes I did, and she is expecting her first baby, she was on Jay Leno

3rdthawkins: Ron Howard, the Caucasian actor/director?

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes, 3rd.

3rdthawkins: ok wow, cool

keli1: yes pictures are my issue, I would love to see pictures of my grandparents

3rdthawkins: I know what you mean keli1

bearnut2: 3rd--Hilly is white...;)

3rdthawkins: was just makingsure bearnut2

bearnut2: I know--me too--I had to go check lol

jhonora: I am humbled by the fact that some of my ancestors were stablemen and laborers for Tulane Univ. a century ago, and now I go there on full scholarship. God is good.

3rdthawkins: you know how people can be talking about one person and you thinking about someone totally differnt

keli1: for sure

bearnut2: yeah, but there is only one Opie! :)

3rdthawkins: wow jhonora, that is awesome lol true

alicemsykes@gmail.com: vkn - hate to interrupt the help w/genealogy - do you know Mt Vernon/Searcy hospital in So. Alabama - seems I had a great uncle confined there - can't turn up the reason but I alwasy suspected there was a Sykes "crazy" gene!!!

deannie: I have to run......have a great evening

vkn: lol re opie Searcy was a hospital for the insane alice

Ingrid_Doweary: 3rd, he's (Ron Howard) directed a number of films Cinderella Man, Backdraft, Frost/Nixon, Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind, etc.

3rdthawkins: dont have to be in the genes, something could have happened that caused it oh yes I know Ingrid, was just making extra sure you were talking about him, the guy that played in Happy Days

bearnut2: alicemsykes@gmail.com are any of your sykes from TN?

vkn: You might be able to get records alice. Write to Frazine Taylor

Ingrid_Doweary: Correct, 3rd.

vkn: retired now

alicemsykes@gmail.com: I know I know - I guess in those days you could just be indigent...

vkn: true

keli1: he is an awesome director

alicemsykes@gmail.com: Yes, I saw Frazine at IGBS in 2009 - got her book

vkn: ahhhhh good alice

keli1: Alice which book is that? I met you at IGBS

alicemsykes@gmail.com: Bearnut2 - not to my knowledge but a bunch of Sykes went to Fisk...but I don't think anyone settled there.

vkn: are you to be at FT Wayne this year Alice

jhonora: Many counties/parishes have civil records of commitments, which are good sources in addition to the actual files from the repository.

alicemsykes@gmail.com: Keli - yes, you still in Charlottesville?

bearnut2: ah--ok thanks! A distant aunt married a Sykes and they lived in Nashville.

keli1: yes, but live just outside bought a house, but still work in Charlottesville

alicemsykes@gmail.com: vkn - I would love to go again but unforutnately have a conflict - it was positively extraordinary!!!

vkn: a First remains forever Alice

bearnut2: I can hardly wait for the conference in Ft Wayne! It'll be my first.

alicemsykes@gmail.com: Keli1 are you going to make IBGS this year?

keli1: I will be in Ft. Wayne, I am sooooo excited

vkn: are you presenting keli

keli1: no I am not presenting

alicemsykes@gmail.com: Great - hope there's lots of AfriGeneas representation again.

jhonora: The next IBGS is 2012, right?

keli1: I recently finished NIGR, now Ft. Wayne, I am ready

bearnut2: um--what does NIGR stand for? lol

keli1: Ft. Wayne is nbgs, slc is ibgs 2

alicemsykes@gmail.com: what is NIGR

keli1: National Insititute of Genealogical Research, DC, archives

vkn: not touching that one Alice lol lol

Selma: Gonna have to run folks...

keli1: if you get a chance, it is worth it..

bearnut2: thanks keli1 ! Interesting choice of acronyms! lol

Ingrid_Doweary: Cya Selma

Selma: Have a nice evening

bearnut2: bye selma

keli1: by Slema

alicemsykes@gmail.com: VKN you are too funny ...

keli1: it was all about the archives, federal records, it was awesome, overwhelming, but awesome

bearnut2: sounds neat keli1. How long did it take?

vkn: Good to learn about Keli

alicemsykes@gmail.com: keli - sounds like it might be for professional researchers?

keli1: matter of fact at the IBGS in Ft. Wayne in 09, Tony Burroughs mentioned it and when he first met Walker, who started AAHGS I think it is for anyone it was learning what the feds hold, originals records, etc, how to access, etc also included a trip to College Park (military records), LOC and DAR

alicemsykes@gmail.com: keli - you guys covered major territory!

bearnut2: wow! I'll have to look into that.

keli1: I pulled my ggrandfather's pension records, looked at the actual 1864 records, etc, awesome

Ingrid_Doweary: Those are great lessons to learn, Keli1. Those are the types of records I'm learning about daily. Awesome, Keli1!

keli1: it was worth it, I would recommend it

Ingrid_Doweary: Indeed, I'm sure it was. I second that recommendation. The federal records I'm struggling with are the immigration and naturalization records.

keli1: Andrea did your mom tell you about our project

jhonora: Oh well, I'll catch you all tomorrow! Good night!

vkn: what is the crux of the struggle ingrid

keli1: yes they did a presentation on those, are you close to the archives, I think those are in DC not college park

Ingrid_Doweary: Mastering the knowledge base and researching the records. I need more experience researching those record types.

vkn: i see thanx Ingrid

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes Keli1, I volunteer in DC and live closer to College Park.

keli1: the staff is really helpful, do an email or a call and see if you can get your questions answered I am not a master by no means, but a master of asking questions, yes, lol

alicemsykes@gmail.com: I'm going to do better about coming to chat - thanx everyone! Good night...

Ancestors_Child: Good night all

bearnut2: good night! have a great remainder of the weekend!

AYWalton: Hello again, all.

Ingrid_Doweary: Yes they are helpful Keli1. In order to be an effective aid, I must gain a great deal of experience. wb AYWalton.

vkn: oops AYW

AYWalton: lol, yes, I am back. I think earlier my crazy mouse clicked on the red icon and knocked me out of the room. then I had to get the phone.

keli1: I would say keep going and asking questions, have you read the webpage on it?

bearnut2: AYW were you able to order your kit from 23andme?

vkn: Good chatting in here tonite AYW logs will be available early morn

AYWalton: not yet. I shall order using another address in another state.

Ingrid_Doweary: I'm about 75% towards completing my training exercises.

bearnut2: good :)

AYWalton: Ingrid do you mean for the museum?

bearnut2: Ingrid_Doweary training exercises?

vkn: I asked about ordering a 23&me kit bearnut but no response

keli1: that is so you can volunteer there?

vkn: AYW educated me on DNA yesterday

AYWalton: they will contact you if you filled out the form, vkn.

vkn: ok

bearnut2: vkn--they started sending the codes out this week. I think its kind of a random luck-of-the-draw thing.

AYWalton: hope it was not too confusing, vkn. it can be, though.

keli1: I need to have that chat AY, lol

vkn: OK I see. Like crystal ayw

AYWalton: lol

Ingrid_Doweary: There a written multiple page training assignment for using federal records for genealogical research. About 11 pages.

AYWalton: oh I am glad, to have helped, vkn.

bearnut2: I definitely 2nd that AYWalton! I felt like an idiot when I first got my results back. lol

keli1: Ingrid, the institute was 5 days...I feel ya!

AYWalton: it can be confusing, for sure.

vkn: Tremendous. I had all of the info but you stitched it together seamlessly AYW

AYWalton: How did you enjoy the institute, keli1?

Ingrid_Doweary: For sure

AYWalton: were there many "folks" in attendance?

keli1: there were 44 in the class, and it was overwhelming, but worth it

AYWalton: I can understand. I took it back in the 1990s. Need to take it again, probably. who ran the program, keli1? was that Marie Melchiori?

keli1: no, it was not her, but my gosh she did a presentation on landr ecords and RG's, etc

bearnut2: well, ladies, I think I'm gonna go take a nice hot bath. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

AYWalton: who ran it? She was one of the creators, I believe. have a good one, bearnut2

Ingrid_Doweary: Cya bearnut2

keli1: Yes, I am looking for her name, the co- was who I knew, Marty

AYWalton: ahhh ok, no problem. Was just curious. I need to run, hope you all have a very good evening. night all.

Ingrid_Doweary: Cya AYW

vkn: time to shut it all doen until 2morry

keli1: I am leaving too..

Ingrid_Doweary: Okay good all. Good nite

vkn: thanx so much ingrid niters gee whiz lol

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy