Try a new Ancestry.com Membership!

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

Footnote.com

Note: Please follow the link(s) on the navigation bar below to search additional messages that have been archived to conserve space. If no link is visible, no messages have been archived on this board.

2011-08-04 3rd's BrickWall

*LunchBunch

Start: 12:15:46
End: 13:11:55
Chatters: 3rdthawkins, alt, AYWalton, freeaainnc, Selma, Seventies Soulchild, vkn

Seventies Soulchild: hello alt

alt: hello Seventies Soulchild , you doing okay today?

Seventies Soulchild: doing well

alt: good

Seventies Soulchild: how are you doing? all well I hope

alt: yep, I'm "tolerably' well, thanks.

Seventies Soulchild: Any new projects you're working on? :? hi freeaainnc

freeaainnc: hi! how are u?

Seventies Soulchild: How's the archives gig going?

freeaainnc: library, not archives silly :) lol it's going good. I was on a roll yesterday :)

Seventies Soulchild: lol I thought you were working the archives section... ok Any North Carolina Lanier's???

freeaainnc: with the correspondence. I answered 3 letters and got 3 big thank yous which is great

Seventies Soulchild: It is!

freeaainnc: no, not archives, I work in the genealogy dept. of the library

Seventies Soulchild: I haven't sent my Thank You's yet.. I'm so late! lol

freeaainnc: I am sure there is. Where? what county?

Seventies Soulchild: but in my defense I did make them a Thank You basket...

freeaainnc: well that is cool :)

Seventies Soulchild: I'm not sure freeaainnc. wb alt

freeaainnc: wait, did you just make it or did you actually give it to them SS? lol

Seventies Soulchild: just made it... lol

alt: thanks, having trouble staying logged in.... hello freeaainnc

freeaainnc: ok, I take it back - that's not cool if you didn't give it to them! lol

Seventies Soulchild: I was looking for Isaac Lanier and also Looking for Mixons

freeaainnc: time frame?

Seventies Soulchild: late 1700's early 1800's maybe 1820 before 1820

freeaainnc: but you don't know where in NC?

Seventies Soulchild: Not sure I have records of them in AL, but not specific info from NC hi vkn

freeaainnc: hi V

Seventies Soulchild: I haven't looked into them, the white Laniers, in depth.

freeaainnc: if they were in NC before 1790, a good starting place is the colonial and state records of North Carolina series which UNC has fully digitized and put online at http://docsouth.unc.edu/csr/ room froze I'm good V, you?

Seventies Soulchild: uh oh.. I'm doing good. How are you?

3rdthawkins: hello alt free Seventies and vkn

freeaainnc: hi 3rd

Seventies Soulchild: hey 3rd Thanks freeaainnc

vkn: Happens to me quite often freeaainnc Howdy 3rdthawkins

alt: hello vkn & 3rd... having 'puter problems today

freeaainnc: SS: also check out http://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/genealogy/handouts/trackingncancestors.pdf which is a handout we have here at our library for patrons trying to trace ancestors back to NC

alt: vkn, thanks for the email on Anita.. surgery went well and she has me 'hopping' taking care of her LOL me too

Seventies Soulchild: lol hey I'm here!

freeaainnc: hi selma

Selma: Good afternoon folks

alt: folks must be busy MTing or working on other projects. Hello Hopalong,aka Selma

Selma: Anita had her surgery?

alt: yesterday .. and she is keeping me busy waitiing on her. LOL she gave me a break for chat

freeaainnc: thank her for us :)

Selma: Glad that all went well..

freeaainnc: but glad the surgery went well

alt: me too Selma,, thanks !!!!!!

vkn: LOL good ole alt taking good care of his Anita YEAH!!!!!

Selma: Tell her she can email us..if you aren't

alt: thanks vkn, least I can do, as well as she takes care of me.

Seventies Soulchild: hold on... brb

3rdthawkins: hello Selma

Selma: Hi 3rd

3rdthawkins: well, I'm back at square one with my grandmother's Jefferson line, won't be able to hire a pro genealogist I may give up on it

alt: why is that 3rdthawkins?

Selma: vkn..is daviss computer still out?

freeaainnc: why back at square one?

3rdthawkins: just won't be able to alt

vkn: Yes it is Selma She thinks it died

Selma: Ugh....

alt: okay 3rdthawkins, I'll leave it at that.

Selma: tell her I sympathize

3rdthawkins: because freeaainnc, I need to find a way to get information on my great grandmother's parents to find them in 1930 and before

vkn: will do

alt: me too vln... best wishes to daviss

3rdthawkins: I'm back at the drawing board trying to figure a way to get information for them

freeaainnc: oh, ok

3rdthawkins: can't say I didn't try, so this is a brick wall for me boy, you all are quiet

alt: go over what you have and where you've looked 3rdthawkins ... I'm sure there are areas you may have overloooked.

3rdthawkins: alt, I have nothing to look over

freeaainnc: do you have names?

3rdthawkins: yes

freeaainnc: have you been able to find them in the census?

alt: well, put her in a context/time frame by age and look at what records are available 3rdthawkins

3rdthawkins: nope, that's the reason why I'm trying to get the records I need free, can't find them in 1930 or prior she should be 10 years old in 1920 I'm positive she's white

freeaainnc: name change possibly? have you looked just for first names and not adding last names?

alt: and where would she be located at that time 3rdthawkins?

3rdthawkins: either Virginia (her birthplace) alt or New York yes free, tried everything I think I want to narrow it down to Queens Co. since that's where she and my gr gf was living in 1930

alt: dunno 3rdthawkins, there aren't a lot of white Jefferson's or Washingtion's .. serioulsy.

Seventies Soulchild: Ok well I'm going to get the heck out of here. Y'all have a good day!

3rdthawkins: I know, you're right about that

freeaainnc: lunch break is over, I need to get going. bye

vkn: Does "positive" mean family lore 3rdthawkins or is there a document? Also is there a timeline in relation and location spread sheeted with your total research ?

3rdthawkins: vkn, my gr gf passed for white

alt: great questions vkn. her father? is he documented as 'white"?

3rdthawkins: nope my grandmother's father is always listed as negro or colored

alt: and his surname is?

3rdthawkins: Hawkins

alt: where does Jefferson come into play?

3rdthawkins: remember, my grandparents were 1st cousins, my grandmother's father is the brother of my grandfather's father.........alt, Jefferson is my grandmother's mother

alt: and you're looking for Jefferson's, right?

3rdthawkins: yep

alt: so what Jefferson's have you checked out as prospects for you gmother's Jefferson family? and where? when?

3rdthawkins: New York and Virginia alt, but I just don't know where to look....I found one Mada Ruth Jefferson living in Texas in 1920, I tried a lot of names, I'm just too overwhelmed to look, I try to write down what I Find. I mostly found black families with father James and mother Anna....no Roxianna's or Roxey

alt: Selma.. Tiger plays Today in the Firestone @ Akron.

Selma: yes I know alt..

alt: t-Time is like 1:45 or so takes time 3rdthawkins .. and you have the 'skills'..

3rdthawkins: even checking to see if they may have come overseas, since they were Irish, record says VA as birthplace, but still checking

vkn: Sometimes it is necessary to take a break 3rd and review all of the prior research in context and make a search plan

AYWalton: Good afternoon, all.

3rdthawkins: hiring the genealogist was my plan vkn lol but no, I do have some back up plans though

Selma: Afternoon AY..wassup up? My leg

AYWalton: (keep that foot up, Selma! Resist all urges to do the Electric Slide.)

vkn: I see so need to have a redirect to plan B and C

alt: plan, that's the key 3rdthawkins, like vkn says.. write down what you know, don't know & what you're looking for on a timeline for grandma..

3rdthawkins: yeah vkn

Selma: How long does Anita have to stay off her foot alt? Did you get what I emailed yesterday AY..re the Patrol?

AYWalton: yes, I got it Selma! Quite interesting indeed!

vkn: Today we watch travel film in the Legacy Theatre. Photography is breathtaking Readers Digest

Selma: Readers Disgest?

vkn: Yes RD created the series

Selma: Oh..nice..

vkn: and across all Continents

AYWalton: Just heard that one of the old Baltimore Colts players died. Alt do you remember Bubba Smith?

3rdthawkins: yep, sure did, heard it last nite......alt is gone

Selma: Appears that alt is gone AYAYWalton ..but I remember him AY

3rdthawkins: Police Academy

AYWalton: Ooops you are right, I didn't notice. yes he was in that film, too.

3rdthawkins: was shocked to hear that

vkn: I was fascinated with the history of silk and the civilizations that just disappeared but left standing cities or settlements Yes I saw the Smith death on news

AYWalton: about to run some errands, though. before it rains---scattered thunderstorms in the area.

3rdthawkins: yep AY, we're getting clouds here too

AYWalton: have a good day everyone.

vkn: Me too Will see if Daviss would like to use a Mac laptop

Selma: I have to run too have a great day

3rdthawkins: me too :()

vkn: okies

18 Dec 2002 :: 1 Feb 2009
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy