Also, check the Freedmens Bureau Field Office Records for a list of plantations and laborers. At the very least, this will give a list of workers by name, along with a date and the current manager/owner.
Example for Terrebonne Parish, LA:
1. Ceder (sic) Grove Plantation (30 names of employed workers)
3. Dulac Plantation
--- Jan 1868 (30 names)
--- Oct 1867 (68 names)
--- Sep 1867 (68 names)
--- Nov 1867 (67 names)
--- Jan 1867 (37 names)
--- Feb 1867 (29 names)
Some of the Others listed:
4. Ellishi Plantation
5. Hope Farm Plantation - Bisland and Baker
6. Nameka Plantation - J. C. Jackson
7. Oakwood Plantation - T Buron (?) and Co.
8. Woodlawn Plantation - H. Cage, Thomas M. Cage
9. Blanchard Plantation - Lepine & Co.
10. Caillou Grove Plantation (General Payroll)
11. Barras Plantation
12. "Payroll of Laborers Employed by John B. Bisland on Aragon Plantation"
Remember that Plantation names were not unique - even within the same state.