AfriGeneas Help Desk
How to Create a Profile on the AfriGeneas Forums
Here's how to create, or change your "Profile" at AfriGeneas:
1. Go to the AfriGeneas message board where you want to place your profile. The message board that you use the most is the logical place to put your profile, because that's where it will be available for other users to see. But any of the message boards will accept your profile.
2. Click on "My Profile" just above the name of the message board near the center (or top) of your screen.
3. The next screen will allow you to enter all information exactly as you want it displayed to other users who open "User Profiles" to see them. Be careful to input your information without typo's. Your name and your e-mail address are required. (Your choice of a username is okay , your e-mail address must be exactly correct.)
4. You may input as much or as little information about yourself, your research, or your interests as you like, just remember that this will be available to everyone using the Internet. So, input wisely!
5. If you have a web site, you may enter the URL and web site name in the two input windows below the "Text" window.
6. Choose a Password for your profile...and WRITE IT DOWN!!! You will need that password. KEEP IT SAFE AND HANDY!!!
7. AfriGeneas does not have access to see anyone's password. If you lose it, only the software can help you, not us humans.
8. To make changes to your profile later on, you will need your password and CURRENT e-mail address already saved at our web site. So, whenever your e-mail address changes, you MUST update the information at the "My Profile" screen as soon as possible.
9. If you cannot update your profile at this web screen, you've probably been using and outdated e-mail address at AfriGeneas. WE CANNOT RETRIEVE YOUR OLD PASSWORD. You may also have to delete your cache of "cookies" in your computer's web browser if you encounter problems trying to update (or create) your profile. Your correct and current e-mail address is always absolutely necessary.
10. Also, if you'd like a FREE AfriGeneas e-mail address, you can get one by 'clicking' your mouse on "E-Mail", at the top of your screen at any AfriGeneas message board or the AfriGeneas Home Page.
Messages In This Thread