African-Native American Genealogy Forum
Re: Mary & Charlie Miller - Cheerokee/Ouestions
In Response To: Re: Mary & Charlie Miller - Cheerokee/Ouestions ()
Sorry for the delay but, I wanted to call more relatives and question them more.
1. I do not have any documents stating that she was Cheeroke but, it's what I've always been told and a living cousin whose Mother lived in Henrietta/Mary's household reconfirmed for me that she definitely was Cheerokee Indian;
2. I do not know when she was born however, the same cousin above tonight told me that she is definitely buried at Old Oakwood Cemetery in Terrell, Texas, also there is her son, My GrGrandfather, Charley Miller, right beside her. ALso there is one of her daughters Alma. I do not have a surname for Alma and the cousin didn't know if she ever married;
3. We do not know any of the first names of the husbands. No one ever in our family spoke about them, we just have the names;
4. I'm guessing that she was probably Head of Household in 1900. Her son, Charley Miller, his US Draft Registration Card lists her as his nearest relative. He was 18 on that date, Septeember 12, 1918;
5. The same cousin also told me her Mother once told her Grandma Mary's maiden name was Terrell. We are not sure if it was spelled the same as the city;
6. The same cousin also told me tonight that Henrietta Mary had six children in all. Until last week I'd never heard about more than four children. The two I just learned of were named Maurice and Frank. She says that both were long dead by the time she came along.
I hope this helps because I'm desperate to find any trace of her. Thank You
P.S. She also said Grandma Mary had lived in Georgia and Oklahoma once.
Messages In This Thread