African-Native American Genealogy Forum
Birth Certificates for Identification
I am having a hard time trying to understand why it is difficult for some people to just get their birth certificates, starting from their own to identify (connect) to a family that they think they are related to in the FCT and be able to present their documents.
An example to follow:
1. Your own birth certificate should indicate who your parents' are on both sides.
2. Getting your parents' birth certificate should indicate who your grandparents are on both sides.
3. Getting your grandparents birth certificate will be the one that makes a connection to the FCT. Their name/s should be on a final roll.
4. Ask yourself is this grandparent or great grandparent, related to this person, I am trying to connect with that is listed with the FCT? If the answer is no, then no relationship, no connection to the FCT.
5. This process is for the freedmen or by bloods of the FCT.