Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Slaughter family of Virginia
In Response To: Slaughter family of Virginia ()

Have any of you done DNA testing to know whether or not the Caucasian Slaughters are related to the African-American Slaughters?
I am the daughter of Wilbert Thomas Slaughter (1919) who was born in Berryville Virginia to Alexander J Slaughter & Annie F. (Tracy) Slaughter. My father Wilbert Slaughter moved to Washington DC as a teenager and is where I was born. I just did the DNA on Ancestry to try to find other matches to my Slaughter heritage.
My grandfather Alexander Slaughter (born 1893) was born in Charlestown,WV to Benjamin F. Slaughter (1844) & Betsy Whalen (1861). He died in 1960 in West Reading Pennsylvania, but his home was in Easton Pennsylvania. At the time of his death, he was married to Arabella Wilburn.
Alexander Slaughter had 10 siblings:
Lucy Slaughter (1870-born to Benjamin F. Slaughter & Martha A. Slaughter (maiden name unknown)-Martha was Benjamin Slaughters first wife);
John H. Slaughter (1880);
David Slaughter (1882);
Fannie R. Slaughter (1883);
Benjamin F. Slaughter Jr. (1885);
William T. Slaughter (1887)-Married Clara Talbert;
Susie Slaughter (1892)-Married Milford Payne;
Elizabeth E. Slaughter (1895);
Lillie M. Slaughter (1896);
Jenny Slaughter (1899);

If you recognize any of these people as your family members or have any information on them, please contact me. I have traced back to the 1800's but am having difficulty going back any further because of the lack of records. This could be due to some of my ancestors being slaves, but the ones listed above were all free.
I thank you for your time.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy