Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

History Behind the Bird Print

It is truly amazing how when we were growing up we saw things in the home that was always there no matter where the family moved to. In our home there was a framed, oval print of three hummingbirds. As far as I know it has hung on our wall since about 1964 or so.

On a visit home a few weeks ago, I looked on the wall and there was that print hanging. I decided to take it down and examine it. It has a glass front with a oval framing (possibly bamboo). These three little birds in this frame has always been a part of our family and it went with us no matter where our destination took us.

When I got home I decided to find out more about it. The name at the bottom of the print says "J Gould." Upon researching this name I found that John Gould made bird prints up to about 1881. I know this is not an original, but it has been interesting reading the history behind these bird prints. So, far I have not seen my particular bird print online anywhere, but my search continues.

I don't know where Mom got the print from but I'll call her tonight to give her the history behind John Gould's prints. The print has history just because it hang in our house for so long.

Regina

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy