Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

July 2014-MAAGI-ST Louis Mo

Workshop--Midwest AfroAmerican Genealogical Institute
Littile ideas become mighty organizations. I wasnt able to attend last year, but I will try to do so this coming year. If u r in dvg distance of this city and would like to try workshops, here is a starting place. And if u have to fly in r take a train, dates r 9/10/11 July 2014. Check the StL AAHGS.org website for correct info. Deposits for the tracks of interest r being accepted. Everyone has to start somewhere. I first started with a local 'white genealogy society'. They tried, but they didnt know how to address my issues. Then I tvled to Wash. DC and hooked up with a 'black' society. I was amazed. Here were a group of people from different states, talking the same stuff...'how do I do this?. Many of them r people who u now 'buy their how to books'.
At the MAAGI workshop in St Louis there will be instructors who r professionals and authors and I am honored to say some have become a friend. Come learn old and new research methods. Bring your old school methods, laptops, ipads, whatever makes u comfortable to learn. No one will laugh. No question is dumb. St Louis is 'Hot in July". Get ready!. But come to learn..network...not complain. 8)

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy