Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

A Wonderful Adams Reunion Weekend

With your indulgence I would like to share some information & photos from my Adams Family's 94th Annual Family Reunion.

The highlight of this year's reunion was the dedication of an historic marker from the Ohio Historical Society (OHS) in honor of the efforts by some citizens of Urbana & Champiagn County, Ohio with the Underground Railroad (UGRR) in that area. The marker, side 2, honored specifically Lewis Adams, the 'patriarch' of the Adams family. We (Adams Family) are the descendants of the 12 children of Lewis & Susan Adams.

The photos include the marker dedication ceremony program (outside & inside), the young cousin, Mark Evans, who spearheaded the marker effort and organized the program. Mark, his father John and his son, Mekhi represented the Adams Family as they are 3rd, 4th & 5th great-grandsons of Lewis & Susan Adams. Side 2 of the marker and Reita Ann (Bynum) Smith & Art Thomas who as Adams descendants and family historians did the research and documentation of the Adams UGRR story.

Thank you for taking your time to read this posting. ...... A proud Adams family member & a 3rd great-grandson of Lewis & Susan.

Art Thomas

Program Outside

Program Inside

Marker Side 1

Marker Side 2

Reita Ann & Art

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy