Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Update on North Carolina Ancestral Story

Doing a Happy Dance!!! Although I don't have a blog I've been able to update the story "A Dicken's Tale - Art Thomas' N. Carolina Ancestry" found on my website. Art's Families & Other Folk
http://tinyurl.com/l6u4num

This story follows one of my North Carolina ancestral line with some documents & photos from the 1860 Census Slave Schedule thru the death of my father in 1945 when I was 11 y/o. I have of late been updating this 2009 story from online accounts from newspapers, particularly the Indianapolis Recorder, using the social columns from Greencastle, Indiana (1900-1955).

I've also had recent success in finding additional documentation of the "facts" to the story on FamilySearch.com in North Carolina Vital & Probate Records for Edgecombe County, as well as the North Carolina record sets found on Ancestry.com. So, I'm sharing the update to my "story" here with the AfriGeneas family.

Note: Although most of this information was located online from my home in Ohio nothing takes the place of the research that can be done at the local levels.

Art Thomas

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy