Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Find A Grave

:\ Well I am stuck.....again. Can't go fwd so I am going backwards to the begin. I decided to look into Find A Grave and saw a headstone for one of my SC peeps and a light bulb popped up. I went through my file cabinet pulled out all of the death certificates I have accumulated and decided to add them to the site. You know you must know the cemetery they were buried into in order for it to be excepted. They ask for the plot numbers, but the only place I have seen this is on the military gravesite locater. Not on any death certificates. I asked for photo's of the cemetary and/or the headstones. Just in case I do go on a research trip, I would like to know where the area might be. Now I must say, I do not go roaming around any cemeteries. Did it one time because it was for my ggrandma, BUT I had all info how to drive to the well kept area. Won't do this anymore. So I am hoping with the info I do give one of the volunteers will be able to photo it. I realize there wont be headstones for many of them, they were costly even in their time period. Soooo I am sugesting maybe some of you might do the same, add the names to Find A Grave. You just might see one of my peeps that is part of your family tree and didnt know it.

Messages In This Thread

Find A Grave
Re: Find A Grave

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy