Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Sharing Your Ancestry Tree
In Response To: Re: Sharing Your Ancestry Tree ()

This is another reason I really hesitated and decided to not do the 23andme DNA. Many many people r really happy about their new found cousins. I just feel creepy about strangers quoting info and bringing me info about the DNA analysis. I don't even want to be around some of the relatives I KNOW. I mean some of them are undesirables. That 'blood is thicker than water' quote only comes about when they want something. So when it comes to Family tree connections, you really have to prove it to me. It IS MAINLY the new ones who DEPEND HEAVILY on this computer and will not even go to the library or achives in their local city and look at the documents, that will argue me down that a surname I have thoroughly researched and have a paper trail north, east, south and west is wrong cause they saw on Ancestry....... Then I have to point out..in the Civil War, black men were NOT OFFICERS. In the other Wars up to WW 1...Black men were not Officers. Many black living and deceased men STILL have not been awarded their heroic Medals. Prove me wrong. Get off the computer and PROVE ME WRONG. That Family tree you are hijacking is WHAT I PUT THERE to share. Not the Ancestry.com GRIOT.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy