AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum
Helpful Tips ~ Trip to Salt Lake City
Dear Afrigeneas Family,
1. Where should I stay? Hint: I like places with a free breakfast.
2. Will I have access to all the records or are some reserved for Mormons only?
3. Do I have to join [something] or pay a fee, or get an ID card?
4. I’m interested in French Consulate records from the Saint Domingue—Haitian era. Would I need to make an appointment to get help with that?
5. In terms of managing my expectations, how much do you think I can accomplish in a 3-day visit. Is the first trip more of an orientation to position you for future trips?
Appreciate any and all information. Have a blessed day.
Extend the AfriGeneas experience with:
• Chat with Experts
• Search FYI