Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Those With Buckeye State Ancestors (OH) Take N

Tim,

Thank you for directing readers to the Ohio Genealogy News article.

You are so correct on the amount of information and the resources for those researching their AA ancestry and connections to Ohio from it's Statehood in 1803 up to the present. time.

In that light I would like to inform the AfriGeneas community of the Annual Ohio Genealogy Society Conference to held 25-27 April, 2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio. A highlight of the Conference for the AA researcher is the African American track held on Fri., the 26th. Details may be found at the link below .... click Conference Preview:Special Topics for the Lectures with African American Research Content.

Tim, will I see there this year?

Art

There was so much AA migration in the late 19th and most of the 20th centuries, that many, many, roads lead back to Ohio. I am constantly finding families in Illinois records born in the Buckeye State; many of them maintained solid relationships with those remaining in Ohio.

And as Art showed, many of our ancestors experienced their first taste of freedom in Ohio before the Civil War after being freed in Virginia and other southern states.

In light of this, I want to point out with more emphasis that the OGN publication has 5 feature articles related to AA research in the state, including a small pullout guide. Collectively, I found them to be useful and inspirational for those conducting AA research in Ohio and beyond.

Messages In This Thread

Those With Buckeye State Ancestors (OH) Take Note
Thanx a mil Tim
Re: Those With Buckeye State Ancestors (OH) Take N

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy