Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Ancestors Unknown

Quoting Dana Saxon

But could a family that survived the trans-Atlantic slave trade and generations of slavery in the Americas really have left behind no memories? No stories to tell? No lessons to instill? I believe this to be an assumption worth challenging. And sure enough, digging into some archives revealed tremendous stories waiting to be told, and remarkable ancestors who deserve to be remembered. I believe everyone has a right to this empowered feeling of knowing her own history, or at least part of it.

It's time to do away with the common assumptions of a forgotten history and reclaim the right to tell our own stories. I started Ancestors unKnown to give young people the power to do just that. I hope they not only learn something new about their ancestors, but also gain new perspectives on their local, national, and shared global histories, while broadening their understanding of their own identities. And then maybe these young people will be the ones to place their ancestors finally in the history books.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy