Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Reworking your Genealogy Notes-1940

Have any of you looked over your notes from the past up into the 1940 census. I am a member of the SC Genealogy society and they send the pd members newsletter's about information found in census that were done in the county census that were taken for odd county years. Such as 1884,1890 dates Johnston SC. They are totally different from the Federal Census. Now I keep some of this information note it and of course look for my peeps. I saw some information where I thought because I could not find names in certain gaps that people were deceased from a influenza epidemic. This was not so. It was because nicknames were used. Also there were children born into the family and they DID die, so those names did get lost, just before the next census. I say over and over. Keep paper notes. Join Genealogy societies that send out Newsletters. South Carolina --I have been told, is difficult to get information from, but I can tell you, I have been getting a lot of help, that I would never have found, even IF I had traveled to the Archives to look for it and I have done this. I am trying to figure out WHY a surname PINCKSTON was dropped and my peeps picked up the name PINKNEY by 1900. This is propably why I am SOOOO stuck. I looked for PINCKSTON slaves before 1870. Not having to much luck.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy