Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

"Who Am I?" Family Children's Project

aka sistuh1
Dear AfriGeneas Community:

After over 20 years of passing along my research to family, I was stunned to query some of the primary age children to find out they can't tell me anything about their great-grandparents, let alone their acestors!! So, as a new retiree, I've decided to become pro-active and organize a "Who Am I?" project for them. I envision a "Who Am I?" book, photo journals, and child-friendly research activities.
I would appreciate any and all -- and I mean ALL -- suggestions you may have to offer this kind of project. I'm going to organize an oral history activity for their parents, and my generation (we are the oldest living at this point).
If you can recommend software and other tools, please do. I use Family Tree Maker but haven't really exploited it to its fullest. Plus, I'm not sure it's the most child-friendly platform for this project.
I look forward to receiving all of your suggestions.
To Our Ancestors and Our Children!

Pearl Alice

p.s. You know, I used to take their parents fishing when they were little children and told them family fishing stories. My sister has taught them to sew. I'm going to get busy!! LOL

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy