Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

24 hours

The sorting of mail is a 24 hour, 7 day a week, including ALL HOLIDAYS. There is no door to door deliveries,and no access to the public to purchase stamps or pick up packages on holidays or Sundays.. The mail boxes have HOLIDAY SCHEDULES. Contract trucks are going up and down the highways delivering mail to the MAIN SORTING Buildings in every city in the USA. Employees are processing, getting paid overtime, loading and unloading trucks in every Main sorting facility. Some days you do 10-12 hour shifts, mandatory. The local trucks with in the cities, take mail to the closed stations, unload it inside the stations at designated times everyday. The next day after holidays, everyone enjoys the delivery by postal carriers, door to door from what happens on those closed days to the public. To insure a cancellation date as close to what I suggested, take your envelope to the MAIN Sorting Building Saturday 19 Jan. Check the delivery pick ups at the outside of the building. If you missed..go inside and drop it in the inside mail slots.
Do you know how I know all of these details? I was a postal clerk for 33 years. Did not know what a holiday was for the first 20. To many many of us it was a day to get overtime/holiday pay. We did not have the option to say..I can't work on holidays. You either did it or set yourself up for termination. Very stressful. Getting sick--not an option. You just about needed a court order to state you were -COMPLETELY INCAPACITATED on the dates not on the time clock. Those 2 words meant in the hospital. I knew people who were unable to move out of their beds without some help because of a injury or illness. They recieved a phone call, from the injury comp section, asking them to come to the section to SIGN THEIR NAMES on a peice of paper in order to get paid. I could go on and on, but I just want anyone who reads this to understand what employees go through to earn ALL THAT MONEY. FORGIVE ME,,I should have taken in consideration this was a weekend and holiday. The public wouldn't know. Sorry!! That's the reason you here the words--GOING POSTAL.

Messages In This Thread

24 hours
Re: 24 hours

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy