Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Package Received ....... 5 Jan 2013

Hello All,

Genealogy wise 2013 is starting out well. :)

The package of materials (estate papers) for my 2nd great-grandfather, William Francis Adams, who died 25 Aug 1871 in Sacramento, CA was received by me in Springfield, OH on 5 Jan 2013.

As y'all my recall the search for the Will of William Adams was prompted by message I received from AfriGeneas Angel (Shannon) about a newspaper article (dated, Aug 1871) which referenced the Will of William Adams that was to be probated & executed in Yolo County, CA. With the help and suggestions of my AfriGeneas network I contacted the Yolo County, CA Probate Court who referred me to the Center for Sacramento History and 'lo and behold the Center had a complete package of estate papers for my William Adams.

The package contained not only the Will, but papers pertaining to the execution of the Will from the assignment of the Executor (Aug 1871), Robert H. Reno, a nephew, who had followed his uncle to California in the early 1860's up to and including the final accounting for the estate in Sept 1872, about 50 pages.

The Will named his heirs, widow Lydia Ann Adams, children: Wm. Jr., Margaret, Almeda and my great-grandfather, Isaac Adams. Papers included: the Estate Inventory describing land (200 acres) left to his heirs situated in Champaign County, Ohio, a Trust Fund w/amounts for the widow and children. Personal property of wagon(s), horses, etc. to be managed by his nephew, papers for his final medical, funeral and burial expenses and various vouchers for attorney fees and other financial matters.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone, particularly Ms. Pat Johnson, and the staff of the Center for Sacramento History for their quick response to my request. And, of course, to my AfriGeneas family for their encouragement and support in this endeavor.

Warmest Regards & Happy New Year,
Art Thomas

Estate Cover Paper #1

Estate Cover Paper #2

Estate Cover Paper #3

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy