Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

2013 TO DO LIST

At this writing there is a little more than 24 hours before 2012 is put to rest. What is the new thing you are planning to do to enrich positive hits in your research. Well on another genealogy site suggestions were made about their success in contacting churches where her people were known to live. I would like to add a little more to this. I personally type a introductory letter and print it out on paper OTHER THAN WHITE. I do so because when it is opened, I don't want it to look like this is some junk mail. I print out a bio family tree of the root person I am seeking--no living names is on this sheet. I also have business envelopes that are in different colors and I address it to the CHURCH SECRETARY. I prefer SNAIL MAIL not Emails as you can see. Then I find every church in the town/or county regardless of what denomination and send them this same letter. Church secretaries know each other and they do talk to each other.
Now the extra suggestion that was made on the other genealogy site is to send a love donation in the form of a money order or check. This can be used as a tax deduction. Churches struggle to pay their bills and donations are always welcomed.
I found a ancestor,by sending a letter and the church secretary called me back. I really didn't think about sending a love donation. But I won't forget to do so in the future. :)

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy