Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Re: Check your emails on other postings

Cynthia I know what you mean. I had the joy earlier in the year of discovering matches in other trees that I considered to be a huge boost to my research because these were otherwise hard to find branches with living relatives with connections I NEEDED to make. I sent out I believe eight messages to eight different people in as many days. Only two of them responded- and only after a lengthy period had passed- and neither seemed interested in sharing information. (Although one thought it necessary to take a photo from my tree and it post it to her own in the process.) A few of the others have not logged into Ancestry since I sent the messages, a couple of others have but for whatever reason have not responded. The question begs to be asked what is the point of being a member of Ancestry and not contribute? My own research has stalled over the months because I am discouraged by what I was hoping would translate into invaluable information but has not yielded much of anything of value at all.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy