Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

Need Help in Acquiring Copy of a Will

Hello,

I'm seeking assistance in acquiring a copy of the Will of a 2nd great-grandfather, Wiliiam F. Adams.

The scenario - William F. Adams left Ohio ca 1859-1860 for California via wagon train. He was said to have 'driven' a wagon in a wagon train to California.

William Adams never returned to Ohio and I have several records of him residing and dying in the Sacramento County, CA area from 1861 until his death in 1871. I'm trying to complete my documentation on the life .. & death of William Adams during his years in California. The Will was probated in Sacramento (?) or Yolo (?) County, California.

Documents:
1. 1861 & 1865 City Directories for Sacramento City, employed as a wagoner & porter for the Golden Eagle Hotel.

2. 1864 Estate Settlement of Lewis Adams, father of William Adams, which states that "William Adams of California paid $3,000 cash-in-hand to his siblings for their shares in the estate of their father."

3. 1867 Newspaper article in the Sacramento Daily Union involving William Adams in a court case.
Sacramento Daily Union, Volume 33, Number 5058, 13 June 1867 — Page 3

4. 1870 Census & Voter Registration records for William Adams, age 51, native of Ohio.

5. 1870 Income & Tax record for William Adams in the Sacramento Daily Union.

6. 1871 Death Notice in the Sacramento Daily Union, Funeral Notice from Shiloh Baptist Church & Burial Record in New Helvetia Cemtery.

7. 1871 Newspaper article stating when & where Estate Will of William Adams is to be probated. See photo below.

8. Photo of re-internment site in the East Lawn Memorial Cemetery for those initially buried in New Helvetia cemetery from 1849-1912.

Please contact me if you are able to assist in this request so we can discuss any fees and associated costs.

Thanks in Advance.

Art Thomas

Art's Families & Other Folk
http://tinyurl.com/aups98f

Newspaper Article: see William Adams
http://tinyurl.com/cd7j244

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy