Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

2013 Genealogy Workshops--where

The workshops for 2013 are being organized in many different states. I have not been able to travel for quite awhile and now I need to get my mental juices back to percolating. I am looking around for minimum 2 day workshops. It would not be worth any money to travel anywhere for a 1 day. I have no specific interest at this time. I personally live on a budget and everything must be planned so my home responsibilities will not suffer. So who, what, where. Start shouting it out yall.

Also I will be currently looking to rejoin and join new Genealogy societies. These societies must have a active newsletter for their members by snail mail or email. I decided NOT to concentrate of my home states of interest this time, but look around to see what states can help me out. Our families descendants did move around and who knows where they settled. They may not even know there is family connections in a different state. By writing a story and having it put in one of these Society newsletters, something familiar may jump out to someone. New memberships in all societies start in December. 8)

One state of interest that I have found difficult to get into is ALABAMA before 1870. On the census for 1870 my ADAMS men were stated as bn there. That surname just drives me to drinking cause I dont care what state you look in there is ADAMS surname. And they all are not related. Dont even think about John Quincy Adams. I did find some cousin connections in Mississippi confirmed, but their family married into my family. My Adams ancestors 'seem to be a rolling stone'. My 3rd grandfather's wife MARY FRANCIS' birth year was calculated to be too close to his first 2 sons, so either they were born by a nother wife/woman or he adopted them into the family.Could not confirm if FRANCIS was a surname or middle name. Found her name this way first on a deed for Dan Adams my 3gr. On Monroe Ms there are many black Adams surnames. Mary Francis was my 3rd grandmother. Just confuses me as to possible kinships for other Adams in Central Grove Ms, Monroe Ms.

So if I have gone off point, forgive me. WHERE ARE the 2-3 day workshops going to happen in 2013. I live in the midwest. I need 6 months advance warning stsrting NOW.

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy