Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

A "WOW" Discovery thru Networking & Sharing

I saw this article at the link below on Jimi Hendrix posted by a cousin on Facebook, my cousin lives in Chicago, IL.The mention of Urbana, Ohio in the article really caught my attention. In searching my database I found a connection to the Hendrix/Henricks surname and responded to my cousin with this message. My cousin and I are descendants of Lewis & Susan Adams and we are having our 92nd Annual Adams Family Reunion this upcoming Labor Day weekend in Urbana, Ohio.

" Kevin, Wow!!!!! In my database I have a record of a relationship between a Ross Hendricks, born abt 1865 in Urbana, Ohio to an Etta Bray. Etta was born in Bellefontaine, Ohio abt 1866, the daughter of Tapley Bray and Susan Boyd. Susan Boyd was the daughter of Jefferson Thompson Boyd and Mary Ann Adams. Mary Ann Adams was the daughter of Lewis and Susan Adams. Bertram Phildander "Ross" Hendricks is found on the 1870 Census found living in Urbana, Ohio, Ward #1 with his mother, Francek (sp) Hendricks as a 4 y/o son as Ross Hendricks. Philander Bertram Ross, Sr. is found living in the same Ward #1 with his family. The Sr. Ross is listed as having 50K in real estate property & 25K in personal property, occupation dealer in grain. Ross Hendricks and Etta Bray, if married, must have separated as a couple, prior to Ross Hendricks moving to Chicago in the late 1890's. Ross Hendricks and Etta Bray had no children according to my records. What a great piece of information you found on Jimi Hendrix and what a small world this is!!!!!!! Kevin, Thanks for sharing, hope to see you at the Adams Reunion."

The Blood of Entertainers: The Life and Times of Jimi Hendrix's Paternal Grandparents
http://tinyurl.com/9sy6dxg

Art Thomas

Art's Families & Other Folk
http://tinyurl.com/cmntbhe

Messages In This Thread

A "WOW" Discovery thru Networking & Sharing
Re: A "WOW" Discovery thru Networking & Sharing

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy