Join the Genealogy Revolution.
Search for your surname in the largest DNA database of its kind!

My Surname

Footnote.com

Banner - Family Tree Maker 2008

Domain Name Registration at GoDaddy.com 120x60

AfriGeneas Genealogy and History Forum

NC & SC - 99% - Patiently Waiting....

I know that we all have been patiently waitinig for our 1940 Census state to get index. Especially, since familysearch.org is 99% for two of my states (North Carolina and South Carolina).

I don't know about you but since after the release of the 1940 Census, I am a bit overwhelmed without an actual plan. I guess I anticipated just beiing able to see the entry that I really didn't have a plan on where I'm going from here. I've done this enough to know what to do, but I just haven't. I'm just sharing some thoughts and hopefully by the time the whole census is indexed I will be back on track. Summer is usually my best researching time period. This summer I don't seem like I've been productive at all.

I am anxious to see my grandmother in either NC or SC because I'm not sure where she was during that period. I'm thinking SC because three of her children were born and she would be with her 2nd husband by then. The oldest thought he was born in SC, but it turned out to be NC and then the 2nd oldest thought she was born in SC and so far she wasn't found in NC or SC, so they made her a birth certificate for SC. The 3rd one thought he was born in SC, but no record found in SC. So, I am anxious to see.

So, I hope that 99% turns to 100% real soon.

Regina

18 Dec 2002 :: 14 Nov 2008
Copyright © 2002-2008 by AfriGeneas. All rights reserved.
AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy